Chris Sale elbow inflammation — uh oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Sale elbow inflammation — uh oh

Man, couldn’t they have figured this out BEFORE my trade deadline?

yeah, that's gonna leave a mark
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Chris Sale will see Dr. James Andrews on Monday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That seemed to come out of nowhere. I traded for him after his bad start and then took a gamble and traded him away later in the season. I didn't expect him to necessarily get hurt, but I was worried about an August/September fade.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Chris Sale will see Dr. James Andrews on Monday.
          Oh no, not Dr. Death!!

Comment

The Sale owner just dropped him. Is he worth taking a flyer at $42 next year?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              No.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

oh NO

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Unlikely. And definitely no if he is a mandatory keep.

Comment

Wow, the rare positive trip to Andrews.

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that Chris Sale is expected to avoid Tommy John surgery after a second opinion on his left elbow by Dr. James Andrews confirmed that he merely has inflammation

Comment

Yes!!! (assuming you can drop him if we get worse news later)

Comment

Our 12 team AL only league has high inflation and there is no way I would consider him a 2020 keeper at that price. It would be interesting to see what max bid others here would be comfortable going for him next year. I would not want to over $30 - $34 range on him.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                          Our 12 team AL only league has high inflation and there is no way I would consider him a 2020 keeper at that price. It would be interesting to see what max bid others here would be comfortable going for him next year. I would not want to over $30 - $34 range on him.
                          Fair point. I was replying under the concept of "taking a flier" meant basically 0 cost and you could try trading him in the offseason/etc, but you are right, it is unlikely that he's worth it at that price.

Comment

Red Sox claiming he is out for 2019 but no TJS plan yet

he could be set to open the 2020 season, and no chance I'd pay 42 for him. seen as damaged goods.

Kershaw only went for 27 in my NL-only this year (I bid 26 after getting Kershaw for 44, and 29 to lose out on Strasburg for 30).

I have noted that there are "hills I'm willing to die on" - but I won't pay full retail if I can avoid it.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Pneumonia my ass.

Sale (illness) felt sore following a live batting practice session Sunday and was sent for an MRI on his elbow, the results of which will be read by Dr. James Andrews, Sean McAdam of BostonSportsJournal.com reports

Comment

Working...
                              X