Political Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Test

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/08/opinion/sunday/party-polarization-quiz.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homep age&utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

NYT Political Party Quiz......I turned out +48D
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

I'm +75R (which I think is as far Republican as their quiz will let you be)
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

+31D surprising
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

+42R

Interesting how big of a role religion plays in this one, on my tree it moved the bar 40 points right.

Comment

same for me, +48D
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I got a +48D as well, which seems to be as far left the score will go if you are a white male. I was expecting a more in-depth quiz. I agree that is seems very heavily weighted to one's religious beliefs or lack their of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I was expecting a more in-depth quiz.
              Agree, looks like if you are a Black Female Older than 31 there's no need to ask further questions, you get the high score on the Dem side.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                +31D surprising
                Retook the test came out +48D

I must have had an Andromeda Strain moment during the first attempt.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Retook the test came out +48D

I must have had an Andromeda Strain moment during the first attempt.
                  Congrats on your college degree! The rest of your answers stayed the same:

White
                  Says religion is not important
                  Straight
                  Attended College
                  Not protestant
                  Not catholic
                  Male

With a college degree = 48D
                  Without a college degree = 31D

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Congrats on your college degree! The rest of your answers stayed the same:

White
                    Says religion is not important
                    Straight
                    Attended College
                    Not protestant
                    Not catholic
                    Male

With a college degree = 48D
                    Without a college degree = 31D
                    I don't understand why that would make such a difference.

But I guess it does..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't understand why that would make such a difference.

But I guess it does..........
                      Hey, look at the bright side, at least your choices matter - the black female over 31 is just thrown into the 92D bucket for existing.

Comment

I got +2D

a +2 either way is more "extremist" than is my comfort zone, but...
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          I got +2D

a +2 either way is more "extremist" than is my comfort zone, but...
                          Good one.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Lol - 31d
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              Lol - 31d
                              No college degree?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X