Space Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Camp

Has anyone taken their kids? We're considering it but would appreciate feedback/advice from anyone who's already done it (I'm referring to the one in Houston). My girls would be 9 & 7 if we take them next spring.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I went! It was really fun!

(note: I went to the one in Alabama)
    (note 2: also it was in 1986 and it may have changed since then)
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      I went! It was really fun!

(note: I went to the one in Alabama)
      (note 2: also it was in 1986 and it may have changed since then)
      Unlikely, the heavens are timeless and 30 years is nothing when one considers the billions of years the universe has existed
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thought for sure this was going to be about Trump and his Space Force
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

in space camp we cook hamburgers and hotdogs over a campfire. we build the biggest tremendous campfires in space. huge, very big.

Comment

I have not been to space camp or sent any kids there, but I did read a book about it - it came with my daughter's American Girl doll.

Luciana is over the moon--she's going to Space Camp! But when she's picked to lead her team in a robot challenge, instead of rocketing her crew to success she steers them straight into trouble. After that, her teammates don't trust her. In fact, Luci's pretty sure they don't even like her. It's great to be good at science-but Luci learns that it's not enough. If she's ever going to make it to Mars, she's got to be someone her crew can depend on, no matter what.

Hope that helps!

Comment

One time at Space Camp...
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                in space camp we cook hamburgers and hotdogs over a campfire. we build the biggest tremendous campfires in space. huge, very big.
                Nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I have not been to space camp or sent any kids there, but I did read a book about it - it came with my daughter's American Girl doll.

Hope that helps!
                  Cool thanks!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

my dotcom millionaire buddy sends his daughter to space camp every year, and she seems to enjoy it, but she's a weird loner kid that goes to a non-accedited "project based learning" school.....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Again, it's probably changed in all that time, and I went when I was 13, not a little kid - but when I went it involved lectures. You should look into what the daily schedule is and find out how much your kids are actually interested in space.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X