No announcement yet.

trading Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mondesi owner offered up Conforto. At $22 next year, Conforto might be an interesting option. Is that better than Witt, who is at least 2 years away?

Comment

Or would Hoskins be a good counter? Or should I try adding something with Conforto?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
        Or would Hoskins be a good counter? Or should I try adding something with Conforto?
        Tell him that the target is Mondesi. Ask him what else can you add from your non-keeper list to make the deal happen. Tell him if he doesn't want to deal work this deal you will move on.

Don't tell him this part, If he does not trade you Mondesi, you need to teach him a lesson. I mean no disrespect, you are not a good trader and your league knows it. You have valuable resources here to change that. All of the offers coming your way have been crap. That is the proof. Time to get on board with serious offers.

Figure out who it his closest competitor behind him and target someone you want and will make your keeper list. Post that in here. Make an offer he cannot refuse.

List the all the players here that you plan on keeping. The rest will be used to help decide who is going to win this year. You are also running out of time. So you probably want to get a deal done this week.

Comment

At this point and what I suggested above, you should not be just countering for a better player. You should be negotiating for the best player you actually want. Who are your top 5 players on YOUR wish list that are on teams competing for the title.

Comment

So what did you do?

Comment

My potential keepers:
              C Smith
              2B Lowe
              2B Merrifield
              SS Kingery
              OF Trout
              OF Benintendi
              OF Pederson
              OF Renfroe
              SP Hudson
              SP Nola
              SP Paddack
              SS Lux
              SP Puk
              SP Singer

The 4th place team has Fried $5, DeGrom $44, and Pham $16.
              The 3rd place team has Acuna $5, Vlad $1, Lindor $20, and Ray $17.
              The 2nd place team has McNeil $9, Meadows $4, Bieber $19, and Manning $1.
              The 1st place team has Bellinger $7, Muncy $13, Ramirez $14/3, Kelenic $1, and Smith $1.

Comment

Which team has Mondesi?

Comment

He's in 5th place.

Comment

My potential keepers:
                    C Smith
                    2B Lowe
                    2B Merrifield
                    SS Kingery
                    OF Trout
                    OF Benintendi
                    OF Pederson
                    OF Renfroe
                    SP Hudson
                    SP Nola
                    SP Paddack
                    SS Lux
                    SP Puk
                    SP Singer

The 4th place team has Fried $5, DeGrom $44, and Pham $16.
                    The 3rd place team has Acuna $5, Vlad $1, Lindor $20, and Ray $17.
                    The 2nd place team has McNeil $9, Meadows $4, Bieber $19, and Manning $1.
                    The 1st place team has Bellinger $7, Muncy $13, Ramirez $14/3, Kelenic $1, and Smith $1.
                    Merrifield, Harper, Paddack, Puk for Acuna and three throw ins of his choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Merrifield, Harper, Paddack, Puk for Acuna and three throw ins of his choice.
                      man, it's September. You're not going to get a $5 Acuna for something that doesn't lock up first place, and giving two very good hitters to the third place team to replace a great hitter isn't that.

Go trade for Jose Ramirez.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I tried getting Acuna or Vlad before. That's a no go.

The Mondesi owner made another offer - Hoskins $16/2 and Votto $31 for Harper.

I would love to get Rutschman from him along with those two. I don't plan on keeping Votto next year, but Hoskins is interesting. If he can cut down on his strikeouts and quit trying to hit it out of the park on every swing, I think he could be useful.

Thoughts from the RJ crowd?

Comment

Again, it's September, you're not going to get a fantastic offer. That's at least a possibility. I still think you should offer three or four guys to the first place team for Ramirez and Kelenic.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I tried getting Acuna or Vlad before. That's a no go.

The Mondesi owner made another offer - Hoskins $16/2 and Votto $31 for Harper.

I would love to get Rutschman from him along with those two. I don't plan on keeping Votto next year, but Hoskins is interesting. If he can cut down on his strikeouts and quit trying to hit it out of the park on every swing, I think he could be useful.

Thoughts from the RJ crowd?
                            I would ignore the offer and tell him to make an offer that gets Mondesi. He is the target. Again I am willing to pay a lot. No Mondesi and I can't trade with you.

This is not just about Mondesi. It is about letting the league know you need to get fair offers. Most of the offers I have seen you post are terribly one sided. I would keep Harper and put him back in the pool before I would trade him for someone I know I am not going to keep.

You already have your 6 keepers. There is no reason to trade for another player that does not make your keeper list. Unless it is to teach the league to get serious with offers moving forward.

Comment

I offered Harper, Bradley, and Touissaint for JRam,, Kelenic, and Kluber. With JRam and Kluber out for the year, they aren't helping him win a title this year. He's sitting at $399 salary, so the salaries almost match up. It got rejected. He said he's not moving Kelenic or JRam, but he would move Kluber for Harper straight up. That's an automatic rejection.

At this point, I'm tossing Harper back and not getting anything for him.
                              Last edited by DJRadar; 08-29-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Another offer from the JRam/Kluber owner. He offered both for Harper and Lux. Yet another rejection.

Comment

Working...
                                X