car parts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car parts question

i need a upper left ball joint for my RV but can't seem to find one. I haven't tried really hard yet but places like autozone get confused. it's a 1978 dodge sportsman class c RV or motorhome. I'm thinking it's basically a B300 series dodge van. so I would just need to look for ball joints for a 1978 B300 series dodge van. but I am not really sure. I have about 2 months to get this sorted out.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i need a upper left ball joint for my RV but can't seem to find one. I haven't tried really hard yet but places like autozone get confused. it's a 1978 dodge sportsman class c RV or motorhome. I'm thinking it's basically a B300 series dodge van. so I would just need to look for ball joints for a 1978 B300 series dodge van. but I am not really sure. I have about 2 months to get this sorted out.
    I could guess, but there are guys out there who actually know. Have you tried RV forums?

Class C Motorhome Discussions - Built on a van cut-away chassis. Sometimes referred to as mini-motorhomes. Usually up 31' in length and weights up to 20,000 pounds. Sponsored by North Trail RV | Arco

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I could guess, but there are guys out there who actually know. Have you tried RV forums?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/
      i was browsing some. actually I think I would be ok calling a place like https://www.moog-suspension-parts.co...odge_b300_1978 so even if I get it wrong they would be able to tell. so I don't think it's turning out to be harder than I thought.

Comment

Try Auto Zone.

If they do not have specific to the vehicle they have universal ones that should work.

Comment

What did you end up doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            What did you end up doing?
            procrastinating heh. i have to leave the campground when it closes oct 15th. but i'm going to do it fri. i went to napa many times and have all the paperwork for the RV since 1978 pretty much. they narrowed it down to 3 different kinds of ball joints. unfortunately specs like the weight of the front axle and length of the inner tie rods are faded. i can see that the chassis is a MB300 so that should be enough info. my next move is a dealer or moog suspension parts.

there's been a lot of drama at the campground. my neighbor was told to leave and he left with our with the boxer-pitbull's girlfriend golden retriever. i begged them to let me pay his rent but the owners wouldn't let me. then it turns out that the old guy supposedly dying of cancer took his spot right away. and i found out later that his neighbor hated him and offered my neighbor 500 bucks to move and he didn't take it. so when he fell behind in rent they booted him and gave the spot to the old guy who i think is lying and seems like a general douche bag now because he moved in with a month left with his german sheppard that the pitbull doesn't get along with.

it's just mostly selfishness everywhere. except for me. and everyone around me just trying to take advantage of my naivety. i liked my neighbor tho. he was a good guy. he had a crack problem but he was honorable. he has a huge extended family he was taking care of. i was kind of hoping if i had another month before they made him leave i could've been a part of their lives.

now i am kind of convinced to hit the road in my rv this time next month. i don't know what happened to people the last 10 years. it reminds me of poem London by William Blake

I wander thro' each charter'd street,
            Near where the charter'd Thames does flow.
            And mark in every face I meet
            Marks of weakness, marks of woe.

Comment

i am cooking chicken right now on the campfire. the dog is hanging out with me. me and the dog have gotten pretty close. the rv guy is going to take him with him in a month when he hits the road like me. i imagine i'll take care of the dog sometimes and we'll both boondock together. he has his own rv a toyota dolphin. pretty much everything i've done was for the dog. heh

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i am cooking chicken right now on the campfire. the dog is hanging out with me. me and the dog have gotten pretty close.
                Well of course! You are cooking campfire chicken! Mmmm...

Comment

Working...
                X