No announcement yet.

2k20 First Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Tatis gets dinged for what will now be two month+ long injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I wonder if Tatis gets dinged for what will now be two month+ long injuries.

Logically, yes. But I think he's going to be too tempting to slip more than a couple of picks.

Comment

Here’s one — what about Yordan Alvarez? I think he goes no later than Rd 2.

Comment

Soto is creeping into 1st round territory, particularly in leagues that use OBA.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I guess he's more of a 2nd rd guy, but Villar is extremely valuable. If he can maintain a .280 BA, 100 r/25 hr/80 rbi/35 sb. 5 category helper. Baltimore's low pressure environment seems perfect for him.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I guess he's more of a 2nd rd guy, but Villar is extremely valuable. If he can maintain a .280 BA, 100 r/25 hr/80 rbi/35 sb. 5 category helper. Baltimore's low pressure environment seems perfect for him.
              He's definitely good to have this year. I have some doubts about the RBI going forward, he's had 40 and 46 the last two years and the Orioles aren't exactly a potent offense. I'd also be concerned about the average, his xBA is .248 this year. In sum I'd be dubious about the 2nd round, but if he's on my team without that high of a price I'm definitely happy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Those numbers should make him a $45 dollar player in our 12 team AL only. I would have a very hard time paying that for Villar.

I would like to have him, and he is back in the auction next year. I just don't know how much I trust him. Still I have to agree that the change of scenery has been great for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Those numbers should make him a $45 dollar player in our 12 team AL only. I would have a very hard time paying that for Villar.

I would like to have him, and he is back in the auction next year. I just don't know how much I trust him. Still I have to agree that the change of scenery has been great for him.
                  It's largely a difference of batting at the bottom of the order in the NL vs. 2/3 hole for the O's. Makes a huge difference in counting stats. You just have to hope the BA gain is real, as Ken mentions, the xBA raises some small concern. But he's been on fire for a month now, he could get his triple-slash up even higher by season's end. He was hitting .260 a few weeks ago.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I think Jose Ramirez's great 2nd half has vaulted him back into 1st round consideration for larger leagues. SBs are so hard to find, that it's the speed that makes him extremely valuable. Also, Trea Turner will likely go in the 1st rd in deeper leagues for the same reason.

Soto is creeping into 1st round territory, particularly in leagues that use OBA.
                    Yeah, I have him in the 4th tier, 9th overall.

Comment

Working...
                    X