Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2k20 First Round

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Bregman and Turner are two more guys I'd rather have than anyone in 5th tier.
    Bregman was also a 1st rounder this past season and has done nothing wrong -- but speed has dried up. That probably keeps Turner as an early 2nd rounder and Jose Ramirez as a mid-2nd rounder. With speed almost gone, not sure I'd use a 1st rounder on a non-speed batter when they're plentiful.

As far as Devers, I just don't think he's a .325 bat with this kind of speed and power. He'll probably normalize somewhere in between his '18 and '19 seasons. Plus, while he has 8 SBs, he also has 8 CS, which leads me to believe he won't be that successful in the future.

I have more confidence in deGrom than Scherzer for 2020. Expecting deGrom to maintain his excellence and Scherzer to take a small step back with the possibility of a bigger step if this is the beginning of his aging decline and elevated injury risk.

Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    I have more confidence in deGrom than Scherzer for 2020. Expecting deGrom to maintain his excellence and Scherzer to take a small step back with the possibility of a bigger step if this is the beginning of his aging decline and elevated injury risk.
    Along those same lines I see Gerrit Cole in the same tier as those two due to the additional Ks and Ws you'd expect from him

Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    Problem with deGrom, and this is not one for the Sabermetricians, but he just DOES NOT WIN. Two straight seasons he’s going to end up with 10 wins or less. In a league that’s 5x5, that’s 40% of the pitching categories gone.

Of course, he SHOULD be winning, so if you don’t subscribe to that, I totally understand.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar
    Solid list and fun exercise. I think people would be crazy to not take Bellinger in that tier. He seems much more bankable.

I wonder if Tatis gets dinged for what will now be two month+ long injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I wonder if Tatis gets dinged for what will now be two month+ long injuries.

Logically, yes. But I think he's going to be too tempting to slip more than a couple of picks.

Here’s one — what about Yordan Alvarez? I think he goes no later than Rd 2.

Soto is creeping into 1st round territory, particularly in leagues that use OBA.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    I guess he's more of a 2nd rd guy, but Villar is extremely valuable. If he can maintain a .280 BA, 100 r/25 hr/80 rbi/35 sb. 5 category helper. Baltimore's low pressure environment seems perfect for him.