Expectations for Greinke with HOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations for Greinke with HOU?

What do you expect from Greinke now that he’s with Houston?

I am considering a trade for him but have always been gunshy about his diminished velocity. Primarily looking for wins though, so maybe I shouldn’t care.

What do you think?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    What do you expect from Greinke now that he’s with Houston?

I am considering a trade for him but have always been gunshy about his diminished velocity. Primarily looking for wins though, so maybe I shouldn’t care.

What do you think?
    If you're looking for Ws, there aren't many better bets than Greinke.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

In my NL only league, I traded Grienke for Jon Grey the day after Greinke was traded to Houston. We can keep players traded to the AL for the ROS.

My reasoning was
      - I need strikeouts most
      - I dont like Greinke going to the league with the DH.
      - Fragile psyche for Greinke and this could turn out to be awful.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

my a.l. only uses wins+quality starts, whip, era, innings, saves

top three 2019 earners, for pitchers, are Verlander 39, Cole 30 and Greinke 29.

Quite a trio taking the Astro's into the playoffs

Comment

You could argue nobody does more to win than Greinke. 5-time gold glover with an .880 ops (54 pa) this year, and a solid ip/start. Now he's with the team known for boosting veteran starters. Verlander is 1st in mlb in wins (15), Coel is tied for 2nd with 14
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            my a.l. only uses wins+quality starts, whip, era, innings, saves

top three 2019 earners, for pitchers, are Verlander 39, Cole 30 and Greinke 29.
            What's amazing is how Greinke got that high on the earners list in just 1 start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              What's amazing is how Greinke got that high on the earners list in just 1 start.
              lol. greinke is greaaaaat

Comment

Well I just acquired him, so hoping it works out. Thanks for the input everyone. In contrast to hammer, I needed Wins mostly. Figure he’s as good a bet as any in that context (Verlander not available).

Comment

Working...
                X