This isn't way off, is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't way off, is it?

10-team AL 5x5, 2 catchers. Is one side of this egregiously better?

Betts $25/2020 and Colome $15A for Salvador Perez $1A and Adell $7/minors
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Adell has to be one of the top rookies available, so nope.

Comment

No, it's definitely fair.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Not crazy off, but I'd certainly want to be on the Betts side. Adell may be a beast, but probably not for a few years at least...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Betts side is giving up too much IMO, but I am probably in the minority. Why is it that winning roto has become all about finding suckers to make lopsided deals? Revo seams to feel that Adell should draw more, but most young players do not really produce enough stats at the MLB level to earn their roto salary for 2 or 3 years. Adell for $7 is a great keeper at that price, but will his salary go up, or does it stay locked at that price until he gets called up to MLB? It not like he is going to be a $25 player in his first year.

Comment

oh, sorry, yeah, that wasn't clear. He's $7 until he loses rookie status at which point he becomes $7A; then there's the B year and then the option year where you can give him a raise at $5 times the number of years extended. So he'd either get three years at $7, or two at 7 and two at 12, or something like that. Also he doesn't count as a keeper between seasons while he's still in the minors and his salary doesn't count against your budget. That all would have been useful information. The most likely event is that next year he's a free keeper, he comes up during the season and becomes $7A during the year, he's $7B in 2021, and then gets an extension in 2022.

I also might be overly impressed with the value of a top-tier $1 catcher in a 10-team only league with two catchers, but given that this year my catchers are Tom Murphy and Chance Sisco, and in the NL one they were Austin Barnes and Francisco Cervelli, maybe I just hate having bad catchers or having to pay for decent ones.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
            X