Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL trade

NL 5x5 10 team keeper 280 draft/350 in season cap

I am 7 points out of first with a strong offense. Pitching has been an issue all season and I now have no closers after the MLB trade deadline. I can FAAB for Greene but no assurance I will get him.

I have been offered Neris $5A and Realmuto $27A for Dodger Will Smith $1A. Smith is a great keeper and looks like he will be helpful offensively ROS. Neris is also a decent keeper and Realmuto is not, but he would replace and perhaps exceed Smith’s ROS production. Opinions please.
    Last edited by FBP; 08-03-2019, 12:59 PM.

Unless Neris virtually guarantees you first place, I would not do this deal.

At this point in the season, go hard for Greene. There are also a few guys such as Jarlin Garcia and Oberg who may be available cheaper.

Comment

Agree with Harmon. Realmuto is good, but doesn’t fix your pitching woes.

Comment

A little more info: without a closer I have a 3-4 downside in the saves category. With a closer I have a 3 point upside. Even here I may still have to go hard after Greene or continue to spec on a second closer.

Comment

NL East - Diaz has been very inconsistent of late, may be hiding an injury. Gsellman or Lugo may pick up some saves. Jarlin Garcia - get him cheap now if he's available

NL West - Oberg may get some opps. If Davis is dropped , you might want to pick him up also as he may not be done just yet. Bradley looks like the fave to succeed Holland.

Comment

The only available “closer” is Bradley. Others are all gone. I have Lugo but I don't see Diaz being removed. I am inclined to do the deal since I go backwards without a closer. I really hate to give up Smith but his great performance thus far is to some extent skewed as it is a small sample size and the pitchers in the league will adjust. Going into next year I will at least have a $2 Carson Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
              The only available “closer” is Bradley. Others are all gone. I have Lugo but I don't see Diaz being removed. I am inclined to do the deal since I go backwards without a closer. I really hate to give up Smith but his great performance thus far is to some extent skewed as it is a small sample size and the pitchers in the league will adjust. Going into next year I will at least have a $2 Carson Kelly.
              Late to the party, but I would certainly do this deal. Who knows what will become of Smith next season...he could be in a time share with Keibert Ruiz at that point. And while Neris might not be the man next year, he'll at least help you this season...as will Realmuto.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

yeah, Neris has sucked of late but it sounds like even if he just adds 5-7 SV it's a difference-maker for you. I would think he could do that.
                and has some potential as a keeper AND you have another nice keeper at C. walking into an auction with 2 C also sucks - some vets tend to be undervalued, but in the first round or 2, you wouldn't want to clog your UT slot already so you are left out of the action.

in a vacuum I'd say no to this deal. but with your specifics, I'd say yes.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is there another deal out there for you?

Comment

Working...
                  X