NL closer trade choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL closer trade choice

I have an opportunity to pick up a much needed closer and have the choice of Carlos Martinez $6A and Hector Neris $5A. While needed for a run, keeper considerations are also in play. Saves first, first but ratios and Ks are helpful, My initial inclination is Martinez as he may close or start next year but he does have an injury history and Neris’ stats are very good. I would appreciate opinions.
    Last edited by FBP; 08-01-2019, 09:33 PM.

C-Mart for me. He appears locked in for this year and is solid long term value at $6A whatever role he has next year and beyond.

The Philly pen is always a crapshoot. Neris may be the flavor of the moment but that could change on a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      C-Mart for me. He appears locked in for this year and is solid long term value at $6A whatever role he has next year and beyond.

The Philly pen is always a crapshoot. Neris may be the flavor of the moment but that could change on a dime.

With all the quality arms in St Louis I dont see Martinez as locked in. Given both players histories (Martinez coming off an injury and he stated his desire to start) I would give a lean to Neris.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Avoid Gabe Kapler at all costs.

Comment

Working...
        X