• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Team Blockbuster

Bauer to Cincy
    Trammell to SD
    Puig, Franmil & Allen to CLE

Puig to Cleveland. Ugh this sucks for bauer...i wonder how damn Far he just chucked his Indians jersey

Comment

Phillip Ervin has a spot now ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Fitting that Puig got into a brawl tonight...one head case for another

Comment

oh ffs. my first place AL-only team has lost Bauer, Snell, and Gallo in the last week. This is getting dumb.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Phillip Ervin has a spot now ?
            Hard to say. VanMeter has been great, too. And there's Dietrich also.

Comment

As a Padres fan, I'm scratching my head unless there's something more (i.e Thor). Franmil was the heart of the clubhouse. Trammell is apparently a stud but losing that clubhouse personality and major league ready bat, not to mention the upside in Logan Allen, is confusing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                oh ffs. my first place AL-only team has lost Bauer, Snell, and Gallo in the last week. This is getting dumb.
                I'm a huge fan of the once rostered always rostered method of only leagues. It has never made sense to me that you randomly lose players.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  As a Padres fan, I'm scratching my head unless there's something more (i.e Thor). Franmil was the heart of the clubhouse. Trammell is apparently a stud but losing that clubhouse personality and major league ready bat, not to mention the upside in Logan Allen, is confusing so far.
                  Well, they have their highest paid player rotting away on the bench, and Franmil, for all his power, rarely scored or drove in runs. And this was an MLB-career trend, so the Sabermetricians might say something, but there has to be something to it. Subtracting his HRs, he’s been on base 163 times and scored just 33 and knocked in 34. Frustration must play a role. Lets see how he does with Cleveland, but getting Trammell was a huge return.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I'm a huge fan of the once rostered always rostered method of only leagues. It has never made sense to me that you randomly lose players.
                    how do you handle players lost for the year due to injury, given that unfair "randomness that you detest" ?

it almost sounds like some random losses are better than others
                    #animalfarm
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      how do you handle players lost for the year due to injury, given that unfair "randomness that you detest" ?

#animalfarm
                      Maybe try not to make it worse because of trades ?
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I'm a huge fan of mixed leagues.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Maybe try not to make it worse because of trades ?
                          if I lose my ace SP to TJS and my main rival loses his ace to AL but gets to keep his stats, isn't that "making it worse" for me?
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

#animalfarm
                            Some random losses are better than others. The ones we can do something about and do are better.

In my only leagues we all lose players to injury. We all lose players to trades although losing a player to in season trades happens much less frequently. We made the rule that you don't lose the players stats in season if they are traded out of the league. Everyone like it. I would also add that we used to give the owner a choice, keep the stats for the rest of the year or get back in FAAB the money value of the contract you are losing. That last part was abolished for this season.

We do allow teams to get the value of the contracts back to FAAB if a player goes on the 60 day injured list. you can keep them but do not have to.

Some may not like our way, but It works for us and we are a healthier league for it.

Comment

Gregg - your approach makes sense to me. Similar to ours.
                              JJ - if the goal of the game is to mimic being a GM... You can’t anticipate injuries as a GM; you can decide on trades. I get that you have been at this longer than I have (14 years!). But I urge you to consider something like this in future. You’ll like it, I promise.

In our league, we have a trade cap vs a salary cap system. Your stud gets hurt, you can use the dead salary from an injury as offset in a trade. Still hurts, but it’s not insurmountable. You trade a keeper along with a dead player to improve your team. Isn’t the goal also to have teams try to contend for as long as possible (on a fair basis)?

Comment

Working...
                              X