Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stroman to the Mets

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Apparently Stroman threw a shit fit in the clubhouse when he found out he was traded to the Mets, as he was hoping to be traded to a contender. Ouch. Welcome to New York!
    Stroman said that is fake news, says he was actually angry with 'the process' of how the Blue Jays handled the info, not the destination. a Long Island guy who was a Mets fan growing up is furious to get traded to the Mets? maybe. maybe not.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me expecting to finish 3rd
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Stroman said that is fake news, says he was actually angry with 'the process' of how the Blue Jays handled the info, not the destination. a Long Island guy who was a Mets fan growing up is furious to get traded to the Mets? maybe. maybe not.
    He is also best pals with Matz, I have read. I'm sure part of him would have preferred a contender, but the idea that he was frustrated with the process more than the destination makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Apparently Stroman threw a shit fit in the clubhouse when he found out he was traded to the Mets, as he was hoping to be traded to a contender. Ouch. Welcome to New York!
    Mets medical recommends amputation of his left ring finger to fix him
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

How is it 'fake news" when his own father said it?
    “He was hoping it was the Yankees a little bit," Earl Stroman said. “He was kind of psyched, maybe hoping to go there. I'm not going to tell you that he wasn't. If he was to leave Toronto at all."

Then both the Toronto beat writer and Mike Puma from the NY Post confirmed it:
    "A source told The Post’s Mike Puma that Stroman reacted with disappointment that he had not been traded to a contender. Stroman thought he would go to the Yankees, Red Sox or Astros. That comports with reporting from the Toronto Sun’s Rob Longley, who said the pitcher’s reaction to the trade was “not pretty.” "

What is fake news is likely his reasoning after he realized it probably wasn't good form to savage a team you're going to spend the next year and a half with.

maybe so, but Mets are now on runs of 11-1 and 17-5. might be time to ask Stroman's old man if his kid still is upset about being present for an electrified CitiField sweep tonight in his favorite team's ballpark.

breaking news: he got "traded to a contender"

C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar

breaking news: he got "traded to a contender"
    Woot!!!

Mets on a 14-1 run now, after scoring 4 in the 9th to knock off the impudent Nationals, 7-6

Stroman jaunted off the mound in the 6th after getting out of a spot, with Mama Stroman jumping for joy in her Mets Jersey in the crowd

I think the Stroman family is all good