Equifax Settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equifax Settlement

Equifax, which had a major information breach in 2017, settled with the FTC this week. If you had your information compromised, you are eligible to receive $125 or more. You can use their lookup tool to see if you are eligible:

The Debit Cards or checks will be sent out in January. Good luck!

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Equifax, which had a major information breach in 2017, settled with the FTC this week. If you had your information compromised, you are eligible to receive $125 or more. You can use their lookup tool to see if you are eligible:

The Debit Cards or checks will be sent out in January. Good luck!
    "Based on the information you provided, our records indicate your personal information was impacted by this incident."

woot?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

hmmm... free credit monitoring. Poop.

Option 1, Credit Monitoring: I want to receive free, three-bureau credit monitoring.
      If you select this option, you will be sent instructions and an activation code after the settlement is final to your email address or home address. You won’t be “upsold” any services by enrolling or otherwise asked to submit any payment for these services now or in the future.

Option 2, Cash Payment: I want a cash payment of $125. I certify that I have credit monitoring and will have it for at least 6 months from today.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        hmmm... free credit monitoring. Poop.
        Take the cash.

Comment

I would, but I'd have to lie about certifying that I have protection

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            I would, but I'd have to lie about certifying that I have protection
            Bwaha....bwahahaha.....bwahahahahahaha.......bwaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Comment

If you're a AAA member, you probably have protection as a component of that. That was the basis upon which I certified and requested my $125.

Comment

if you have discover card they have it built in free, or just free credit score is protection. or the bank calls you when something fishy is going on. technically that's credit protection. I wouldn't let Equifax get away with shit like that.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  If you're a AAA member, you probably have protection as a component of that. That was the basis upon which I certified and requested my $125.
                  Win!

Comment

Since it was a class action, the amount you receive will depend on how many file and declare for the money. You may end up receiving considerably less than that.

Comment

Since it was a class action, the amount you receive will depend on how many file and declare for the money. You may end up receiving considerably less than that.
                      So. Don't get that excited for the cash
                      Or take the credit protection?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        So. Don't get that excited for the cash
                        Or take the credit protection?
                        If everyone who was affected filed and claimed the money, you’d receive less than $1. I’m assuming the payout will ultimately be somewhere around $25.

Comment

I'm banking on the general apathy/laziness/ignorance of my fellow Americans on this one, lol.

Comment

I'm banking on the general apathy/laziness/ignorance of my fellow Americans on this one, lol.
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

Washington, D.C. (CNN Business) - So many people are seeking cash payments from Equifax following its disastrous 2017 data breach, there may not be enough claims money for everyone to receive a $125 check, the Federal Trade Commission warned on Wednesday.

Now, the FTC is trying to persuade Americans to pick a different option: take Equifax's offer of free credit monitoring instead. "Millions of people" have logged onto a claims website set up by the federal government, the FTC said, following a multi-million-dollar settlement with Equifax announced last Monday. The site has been live for a week.
                              So many people are seeking cash payments from Equifax following its disastrous 2017 data breach, there may not be enough claims money for everyone to receive a $125 check, the Federal Trade Commission warned on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X