Trade Deadline 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline 2019

This is like the second or third most exciting and awesome week in baseball every year and there's so little talk of it around here! Feel free to post rumors, innuendo, love, hate, links to MLBTR...let's do this!

And just to get the ball rolling - JD Martinez sucks.

From a fantasy standpoint, the big question for me is who are the best fantasy assets who might be switching leagues, since I'm in one AL-only and one NL-only.

Syndergaard? Stroman? Ray? Puig? Mazara? Peralta? Yates?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      From a fantasy standpoint, the big question for me is who are the best fantasy assets who might be switching leagues, since I'm in one AL-only and one NL-only.

Seems like Minnesota will be in play on every pitcher on the market. Pretty much all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post

F Vaz, Will Smith, Ken Giles, maybe some other relievers but most of them probably go into situations where they won't close full time.

Mike Minor, Matt Boyd, Wheeler, Ray

Castellanos is the one bat I've heard. The Padres have a glut of OF. Puig maybe? Trey Mancini.

Comment

I'm curious to see if any of the contenders will throw caution to the wind & really go for it by putting their top prospects on the table (SD, Atl ... possibly Minn ... ???)
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

the Yankees need 5 SP for the regular season, though only 4 for the postseason

Mets supposedly pushing to trade Syndergaard. if they do, I will be able to get 7 or 8 seats in the lower deck - at least - for what it would cost for tolls+parking in August and September.
            #mutiny
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Derek Holland to the Cubs. Long reliever?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Derek Holland to the Cubs. Long reliever?
                more likely LOOGY ...

Originally posted by MLBTradeRumors
                The real appeal here, though, is the possibility of using Holland as a situational reliever. While his overall results were hardly exceptional — 5.03 ERA in 34 innings with 29 strikeouts and 15 walks — Holland has shown a velocity boost in the bullpen. Better still, he’s pummeling opposing left-handed batters, who carry a meager .182/.276/.195 batting line in 89 trips to the plate against him this season. Holland has not only induced lots of poor contact, but has drawn grounders from southpaw hitters on more than three of every four balls they put in play.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  the Yankees need 5 SP for the regular season, though only 4 for the postseason

Mets supposedly pushing to trade Syndergaard. if they do, I will be able to get 7 or 8 seats in the lower deck - at least - for what it would cost for tolls+parking in August and September.
                  #mutiny
                  As a fan, I would prefer to see the Mets trade their big chips and get some real talent. Too often they claim that NYC fans won’t allow them to do a full rebuild (I call BS). But frankly I don’t trust the Mets to properly identity top talent, let alone to develop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    As a fan, I would prefer to see the Mets trade their big chips and get some real talent. Too often they claim that NYC fans won’t allow them to do a full rebuild (I call BS). But frankly I don’t trust the Mets to properly identity top talent, let alone to develop it!
                    Reports from Minnesota say that the Mets want both Royce Lewis and Alex Kirilloff for Thor, both are top 25 prospects. Personally, I can't see it happening, one maybe, but certainly not both. Especially given the season that Thor is having so far...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Reports from Minnesota say that the Mets want both Royce Lewis and Alex Kirilloff for Thor, both are top 25 prospects. Personally, I can't see it happening, one maybe, but certainly not both. Especially given the season that Thor is having so far...
                      Can’t agree more. That would be a coup for the Mets.

Comment

The Mets definitely couldn’t develop Lewis; am thinking Kiriloff makes more sense anyway.

Comment

Twins break the seal with a very Twins like deal. Getting 106 year old Sergio Romo and a kid I've never heard of for Lewin Diaz.

See ya in the Wild Card game!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Twins break the seal with a very Twins like deal. Getting 106 year old Sergio Romo and a kid I've never heard of for Lewin Diaz.

See ya in the Wild Card game!
                            Nick Anderson closing now ? I haven't been paying attention, but I hope so
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Is Lewin Diaz a decent return? He has numbers in the low minors, which who knows what you can really take from that with the ball. rhd?

Comment

Working...
                              X