No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like seeing Gallen moved to a team where he can get more wins. Chase Field has actually been a pitchers park this year too.

Can't really make sense of it for the Marlins, but ... Marlins gonna Marlin.

Comment

Marlins mgmt has talked openly about beefing up their hitting by moving some of their young pitching. True to their word, they do this deal.

I hate it for the Marlins, but at least they have a plan, such as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Marlins mgmt has talked openly about beefing up their hitting by moving some of their young pitching. True to their word, they do this deal.

I hate it for the Marlins, but at least they have a plan, such as it is.
        Why is this a bad deal for the fish? Chisholm is a bona fide top 100 prospect (probably the best Arizona prospect) for a pitcher who, until this season, has always profiled as a back-of-the-rotation innings eater who has never had TJ surgery. Even when they had a good offense, the Marlins have had a black hole at SS for as long as I can remember. Chisholm and Isan Diaz up the middle bodes well for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I like seeing Gallen moved to a team where he can get more wins. Chase Field has actually been a pitchers park this year too.

Can't really make sense of it for the Marlins, but ... Marlins gonna Marlin.
          I dropped Lamet for Gallen in a mixed keep forever league at 1:42 today - this was before the trade - I just wanted to upgrade one of my SP. I won't keep him as one of my top 4 but the guys are going to think I have some sort of inside information.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Jedd Gyorko to the Dodgers

Comment

Hunter Strickland and Daniel Hudson to the Nats
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Hunter Strickland and Daniel Hudson to the Nats
                You're 7 posts too late on that one. New trades only!

Shane Greene to the Braves

Comment

Corey Dickerson was a great get for the Phillies. They really needed another lefty in that lienup

Comment

Melancon to the Braves.

All your relievers are belong to Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Why is this a bad deal for the fish? Chisholm is a bona fide top 100 prospect (probably the best Arizona prospect) for a pitcher who, until this season, has always profiled as a back-of-the-rotation innings eater who has never had TJ surgery. Even when they had a good offense, the Marlins have had a black hole at SS for as long as I can remember. Chisholm and Isan Diaz up the middle bodes well for the future.
                      I just like the side that gets a young breakout pitcher that has has done very well over an extended at the MLB level, following a dominating early season run in the minors. Chisholm hitting .204 at AA, albeit he is young and is showing some power and speed. I guess "hate" was too strong, but I definitely like the deal for the D-Backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Melancon to the Braves.

All your relievers are belong to Atlanta.
                        I thought Melancon was unmoveable with that contract.

Comment

a pitcher who, until this season, has always profiled as a back-of-the-rotation innings eater
                          Doesn't seem like that profile is relevant now though, right? Clearly that's not what he is.

Comment

I thought Melancon was unmoveable with that contract.
                            Gotta be cash in that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              You're 7 posts too late on that one. New trades only!
                              Not that it affected this one, but seems like we should remove the 30 second delay between posts on days like today - it has slowed me down a few times already.

Comment

Joe Biagini to the Astros
                                JR Murphy to the Braves

Comment

Working...
                                X