No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also it sounds like the Mets are almost certainly preparing to dump everything but degrom

Comment

Dom Smith to the IL so he gets to stay.
      also Alonso and McNeil are.... not going anywhere.

maybe Thor or Wheeler, and Frazier and Vargas. that seems to be about it
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Dom Smith to the IL so he gets to stay.
        also Alonso and McNeil are.... not going anywhere.

maybe Thor or Wheeler, and Frazier and Vargas. that seems to be about it
        Diaz too

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Is Lewin Diaz a decent return? He has numbers in the low minors, which who knows what you can really take from that with the ball. rhd?
          Yeah, he's a good return for the Marlins...he was just totally blocked at 1st with Minnesota. Good power, but supposedly poor strike zone recognition.

One of the main reason the dealt him was that he supposedly needed to go on the 40 man roster soon...I have zero idea how that works, LOL.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Diaz too
            true, Edwin Diaz could go.

with Matz's CG shutout tonight, Mets are 9-1-3 in their last 13 games.

check that, their suddenly stellar bullpen battled the Giants recently for 38 innings over 3 games - but lost them all to the NL's best bullpen.

and 9-4 is still not cutting it for them

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              The Mets definitely couldn’t develop Lewis; am thinking Kiriloff makes more sense anyway.
              No no no...keep Kiriloff!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Yeah, he's a good return for the Marlins...he was just totally blocked at 1st with Minnesota. Good power, but supposedly poor strike zone recognition.

One of the main reason the dealt him was that he supposedly needed to go on the 40 man roster soon...I have zero idea how that works, LOL.
                If a player is not added to the 40-man roster by a certain point in their minor-league career, then they are exposed to the Rule 5 draft.

For players drafted out of college, this is true in their fourth season, i.e., college players drafted in the 2016 draft will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft this coming winter. For players drafted out of high school or signed in international (at age 18 or younger), this is true in their fifth season, i.e., high school players drafted in the 2015 draft or signed in the 2015 signing class will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft this coming winter.

Diaz was signed in 2013, so he was first eligible to be selected in the Rule 5 draft in 2017. He will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft every year after that (2018, 2019, etc.) until some team adds him to the 40-man roster.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  If a player is not added to the 40-man roster by a certain point in their minor-league career, then they are exposed to the Rule 5 draft.

For players drafted out of college, this is true in their fourth season, i.e., college players drafted in the 2016 draft will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft this coming winter. For players drafted out of high school or signed in international (at age 18 or younger), this is true in their fifth season, i.e., high school players drafted in the 2015 draft or signed in the 2015 signing class will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft this coming winter.

Diaz was signed in 2013, so he was first eligible to be selected in the Rule 5 draft in 2017. He will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft every year after that (2018, 2019, etc.) until some team adds him to the 40-man roster.
                  Got it...thanks KS.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Pirates have acquired RHP Cody Ponce from the Brewers in exchange for RHP Jordan Lyles.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      The Pirates have acquired RHP Cody Ponce from the Brewers in exchange for RHP Jordan Lyles.
                      How will Lyles be used? Is he still going to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        How will Lyles be used? Is he still going to start?
                        Considering the number of injuries to Milwaukee starters, I dont see how Lyles would avoid starting.

Comment

Jesus Aguilar to the Rays for Jake Faria. Kinda interesting on both sides:
                          1. My buddy thinks the Rays are hiding a more serious injury to Brandon Lowe.
                          2. With the Brewers desperate for starting pitching, could Faria find a role? He was good once IIRC.

Comment

Martin Maldonado from Cubs to Astros for Tony Kemp

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Jeez, so many deals, so little time

- Zac Gallen to ARZ? For who?
                              - Nats acquire Daniel Hudson, Roenis Elias & Hunter Strickland
                              - Tanner Roark to the A's

Comment

Gallen supposedly for Jazz Chisholm. That makes no sense.

Corey Dickerson to PHI.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X