Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you think you've seen everything in baseball ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you think you've seen everything in baseball ...

... something new happens.

Last night, Stevie Wikerson, starting CF for the Orioles, became the first position player ever to record a save, throwing a clean inning in the 16th inning to end the game against the Angels. He was the 10th pitcher of the night for Bal.

from MLB.com ... "... That set the stage for Wilkerson, who floated in mid-50-mph lob balls while working a 1-2-3 bottom of the 16th to cap the second longest game in Orioles history as a 10-8 victory...."

edit: I hope this shows up okay, this is awesome ...

Last edited by TranaGreg; 07-26-2019, 08:13 AM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Now the O's can float him as a proven closer in the trade market.

Comment

end of the game ... is there anything comparable in any other sport to this?

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Couple of generous calls by the ump in the first video

Comment

Wow. Borderline Eephus pitches there. Wow. I wonder why he didn’t even try to zip one in there. Probably trying to lose the game on a homer and it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Couple of generous calls by the ump in the first video
            The first one's pretty reasonable given that the batter didn't even get into a crouch - the strike zone has to be bigger than that box then.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
            X