X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more surgery: Gallo, hamate bone

not good for Joey ...

Originally posted by MLBTradeRumors
    Rangers outfielder Joey Gallo will undergo surgery to fix a broken hamate bone in his right hand, The Athletic’s Levi Weaver reports (Twitter link). Reports yesterday suggested that Gallo would likely require an injured list stint to recover from a nagging wrist injury.

Judging from the timelines associated to most players who have undergone hamate procedures, Gallo should miss roughly four-to-six weeks of time, though there’s obviously quite a bit of variance involved given the nature of hand injuries. If Gallo’s recovery time is on the longer end of that spectrum, the rest of his season could very well be in doubt, as the Rangers might ultimately opt to just shut Gallo down in September rather than bring him back for two or three weeks of what will likely be meaningless games.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I have both Snell and Gallo. .

Comment

Danny Santana should be guaranteed a starting job for the rest of the year now.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X