Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 / 2020: Jameson Taillon

Per Rotoworld:

Jameson Taillon (elbow) has been shut down from throwing and will visit with doctors next week.
    Uh oh. Taillon is feeling renewed pain in his elbow, and the Pirates certainly aren't going to let him throw through that. The right-hander has been out since the beginning of May because of a flexor strain, and just recently was beginning to throw from 90 feet away. We should know more on when to expect Taillon to return after that visit with doctors.

This guy can't catch a break. I'm not so sure he's worth keeping in dynasty leagues now if you have shallow benches. We're looking at TJ Surgery and a very long rehab. See you in 2021.

2019 seems to be gone if we're very lucky.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      2019 seems to be gone if we're very lucky.

J
      If only his flexor repaired he probably will be back for 2020, otherwise, if it's a 2nd TJ surgery I wouldn't think he would be useful to fantasy teams until 2021. It's not like he was upper upper echelon either way. He had a very good 2018, but to be honest, I never saw him as a dominate fantasy pitcher.

Comment

Taillon will be examined by Dr. David Altchek in New York on Monday. Altchek performed Taillon’s reconstructive elbow (TJ) surgery in 2014.

“We’re hoping it’s more forearm. That flexor strain, it’s the same symptoms I’ve been feeling,” Taillon said. “So we’re just hoping it’s the same thing that we’ve seen on images in the past. We’re not 100 percent sure, but I’m kind of holding out hope and crossing my fingers that it’s just the flexor still."

Taillon is reviewing bio-mechanical information to find flaws in his throwing motion. Whenever he returns, he’ll adjust his routine to create more flexibility in his hips and back. Eventually, he’ll shorten his arm path to take the stress off of his elbow.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He's done until 2021 -- https://twitter.com/jrollisonpgh/sta...30327397769217

Comment

Working...
          X