No announcement yet.

"Alas,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what builds stronger the batter, the dugout or the 3rd base coach?

what a piece of work, a pitcher's baseball grip

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      what builds stronger the batter, the dugout or the 3rd base coach?

what a piece of work, a pitcher's baseball grip
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Comment

there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Comment

you stepped into my trap!.. i was alway disappointed i didn't get more play out of this thread. it's like the definitive literature of cake. http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...highlight=cake although i was high at the time and might of been on drugs.

but hey, at least Murray and Reed are attempting to form an argument for being poor, while Warren Kozak is blaming 15 trillion dollars of debt on ppl on food stamps buying $41 cakes.

so i got thinking. how many ppl on food stamps buying $41 cakes would it take to get 15 trillion in debt? my math is not good but i think 50 million ppl buying one cake a week would cost the government 2 billion a year. and if it takes 1,000 years to cost 2 trillion, than it would take a total of 7,500 years to reach our current national deficit.

but i also think that critics underestimate the value of cake! even an expert economist like Romney will tell you that one persons loss is another gain. think about all those bakers getting rich off ppl on food stamps. then the bakers go out and buy flat screen televisions. and so on. also, some of the most important events in history involved cake. 7,500 years ago the last parts of the western Roman Empire finally fell because they weren't trading cake, and the world fell into the dark ages. of course it took "One $41 cake at a time" to pull us out. but we made it.

the American Revolution happened because of cake. we used to make these little cakes to drink with our tea. we put whipped cream and strawberries on top of them and called them crumpets. but once King George III taxed the flour too much we had no use for the tea and dumped it into Boston Harbor.

George Washington was so fond of cake that the sugar rotted his teeth so much that he stopped smiling. he always wasn't happy that it took 41 of himself to buy a decent cake. this made him a mean general, which helped him defeat Cornwallis.

Napoleon's love for good $41 cake helped us pull off the Louisiana Purchase and get 828,800 square miles of territory. we paid France 78 million francs (15 million dollars) for 15 states, including all of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri to Napoleon who promptly blew it on three hundred and seventy five thousand highly quality pastries.

the American Civil War happened because of cake. the South being the bigger economy than the North needed the slave labor to make and export cake. 600,000 americans died for cake. it revolutionized warfare creating the gatling gun and repeating rifles. cake laid waste to Richmond, Virginia and Atlanta. even Abraham Lincoln said in a speech one month before his death "With malice toward none; with $41 cake for all;…let us strive on to finish the work we are in."

the Suffragette movement was started because of cake. we wanted women to stay at home and bake but they wanted to start cake businesses that sold $41 cakes instead, not just cook them for free.

the titanic sank because of $41 cake. although it wasn't because of flour but the frosting. they stored it near expensive champagne, which many ppl emigrating to America were waiting to buy with their government issued EBT Card, and was near the ships boilers. a fatal combination of luxurious chemicals which ignited a blew a hole in the ship. and the frosting on board froze the ocean.

WWII was won because of cake. a lot of ppl like Enrico Fermi and Albert Einstein originally came to america because we had the best $41 dollar cakes in the world. the process of understanding nuclear fission was completed over many nights while at bakeries. and we owe a lot to the immigrants who came here to be successful and because they weren't allowed work on the Manhattan Project and eat cake at the same time in their home countries.

we put a man on the moon because of cake. although we originally went there for the cheese to make cheesecake. and they said the whole expedition's cost equaled 5 drake's coffee cakes for every american per day that the mission was active. when Neil Armstrong stepped out of the space capsule he said "one small step for man, one giant step for all pastry chefs." we are the only country to step foot on land outside of Earth. but we were also nice enough to put the flags of other great cake baking countries, Soviet Union, Japan, the European Union, and India.

the Berlin wall fell because of cake. when Ronald Reagan spoke they leave out the last part, but there was so much flour in the world the wall was made of hard cooking dough and vegetable oils (to keep ppl from climbing it). "he said Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall of chiffon."

in conclusion i say that when life gives you crumbs, make $41 crumbcake instead.

Comment

..i don't really like frosting

Comment

ooh wait. i thought this was the cake thread. :::facepalm:::

Comment

Comment

Napoleon's love for good $41 cake helped us pull off the Louisiana Purchase and get 828,800 square miles of territory. we paid France 78 million francs (15 million dollars) for 15 states, including all of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri to Napoleon who promptly blew it on three hundred and seventy five thousand highly quality pastries.
                    The Oklahoma Panhandle and the southwest corner of Kansas were acquired in the annexation of the Republic of Texas in 1845 (or the Mexican Cession of 1848, if you take Mexico's view of it).
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      The Oklahoma Panhandle and the southwest corner of Kansas were acquired in the annexation of the Republic of Texas in 1845 (or the Mexican Cession of 1848, if you take Mexico's view of it).
                      Why the bloody hell would anyone want to "acquire" the Oklahoma Panhandle?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Why the bloody hell would anyone want to "acquire" the Oklahoma Panhandle?
                        Because it's the finest piece of country on God's green earth? Duh.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          Because it's the finest piece of country on God's green earth? Duh.
                          I don't think that world means what you think it means.

Comment

Stop saying that!
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I don't think that word means what you think it means.
                                At least you don't think I'm a bad typist! Whew!

Comment

Working...
                                X