is reality carrying over into fantasy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

edit: I'll say it before someone else does ... you know the world is coming to an end when two Canadians are going at it in the Sports Bar ... and teenwolf isn't even one of them!!!
    I blame the exchange rate.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

your thoughts don't bother me in the slightest and you can post whatever you like - what bothers me is your complaining about divisiveness and not realizing how your post contributes to it.

personally I don't have a problem with the divisiveness. let's have the difficult conversations.

edit: I'll say it before someone else does ... you know the world is coming to an end when two Canadians are going at it in the Sports Bar ... and teenwolf isn't even one of them!!!
      Can we deport Trump to Canada?

Comment

your thoughts don't bother me in the slightest and you can post whatever you like - what bothers me is your complaining about divisiveness and not realizing how your post contributes to it.

personally I don't have a problem with the divisiveness. let's have the difficult conversations.

We'll trade you Trump for a bottle of maple syrup. We know you have it.

Comment

Hell, we'll trade you Trump for 3 snowmen...snowwomen...snowpersons.

Comment

Hell....forget the trade....we'll just GIVE you Trump.

Comment

wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              wrong forum
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                What are you trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I won't get into that game because for each video you want to show me, I can provide you a video of something which is most likely just as disgusting but perpetrated by the left.

what does it solve? Nothing.

what does it achieve? more division.

My loyalty lays with my country. We, the U.S. and Canada, are moving into a seriously dangerous time.
                  Just show me ONE.

And I'll leave this thread forever and never return ONE video, article or tweet from either of the Clintons or Obama advocating violence towards a critic, using sophomoric nicknames like a 13 year old, demeaning women by denigrating their looks, racist language--all that Trump lover stuff.

Show ONE.

otherwise you're contention that they exist is horseshit and your words have no merit.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                    Doesn't the list of dead Clinton associates count? I thought that was well known. :ikeed:
                    What's dead may never die
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am curious, why can't I write a post which says I find more division with the four women than I do with Trump's words?

and it isn't like I wrote Trump hasn't said anything inappropriate.

sorry if my thoughts bother you but there they are.
                      Because opinion without factual base is dangerous. It is exactly what is wrong with the world today--You believe it because you believe it and NOT because it's true.

It's like me saying I believe you're a crossdressing cannibal who has a shoe fetish so you leave the feet for dessert. I have no proof, nor can I offer any, but according to you--If I believe it, it must be so.

Understand now?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Hell....forget the trade....we'll just GIVE you Trump.
                        That's a hell of a Tariff brother.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I'll take the blame on the baseball forum side. I get fed up with trolls, but I should not handle it that way. That's on me. Time for a break. See you guys in a few days.
                          Good self-reflection, Ken. I appreciate your baseball knowledge, but sometimes you do snap, as with the Mith thing. I understand why and where you are coming from, but it does seem an abrupt change from playing along with some wackiness to, well, not doing that. (If you had just been patient, you'd have had the joy of posting abut JD's homer today!).

To the point of the OP, I do think it is good for the site to keep things as civil as possible on the sports side of things. One of the things that attracted me to this place, years ago, was both how knowledge and kind many posters were to new blood. I still value that.

But, Art, you lost me when you said Trump says and does stuff no one used to blink at. He is beyond the pale, and when some folks see that and others do not, there in lies the disconnect when it comes to political stuff, I think.
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-22-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            We'll trade you Trump for a bottle of maple syrup. We know you have it.
                            There is a TED Talk from a dude about how he traded a paperclip all the way up to a house. If we could pull off some sweet, sweet maple syrup for Trump, we as a country would have totally topped that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              There is a TED Talk from a dude about how he traded a paperclip all the way up to a house. If we could pull off some sweet, sweet maple syrup for Trump, we as a country would have totally topped that guy.
                              except that there's no way you're getting our maple syrup for anything that rhymes with dump, stump, or pump.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I won't get into that game because for each video you want to show me, I can provide you a video of something which is most likely just as disgusting but perpetrated by the left.

what does it solve? Nothing.

what does it achieve? more division.
                                one last comment from on the questions above - I disagree. What it would achieve is that discussion would be based on information and maybe even facts, as opposed to the current state where the discussion is based on anecdotes & personal opinions. Sure there may be individual instances of something occurring but then the discussion should move to trends & frequency as opposed to one-offs. And eventually maybe people would even become hesitant to post opinions or positions without having some evidence to back them up.

I think that there are a lot of people that would welcome more fact-based discussion.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X