FFPC Slow Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFPC Slow Draft

So I am off for 8 weeks in the summer and decided to do at least one way too early slow draft to get a feel for how things are going. Just one of the $35 leagues, they are low stress on me and I was able to win one last year. They only pay out the overall winner, the year before I lost in 2 finals so I got nothing. Anyway, I drew the 12th slot.

So the RB's I felt worthy of that high of a pick (12/13) all went ahead of me. The top RB's left were Mixon and Conner. I didn't want to invest in the Cincy offense and I am a little concerned that the Steelers will finally deploy a more balanced RB usage.

So if you aren't familiar with FFPC scoring it is PPR but TE's get 1.5 per reception.

Here is round 1 before my picks.

1. Barkley
    2. Elliot
    3. CMC
    4. Kamar
    5. DJ
    6 Nuke
    7. D Adams
    8. Kelce
    9. Lev Bell
    10. Sony Michel (only rd 1 curveball)
    11. Michael Thomas

So at 12/13 when I decided not to take the RB's my choices were. Julio, OBJ, JuJu, Ertz and T Hill (the news had just broken he was not going to be suspended). I locked into taking Julio as one of the picks. I decided against Ertz here and it came down to OBJ or JuJu for me. I decided to let the Steeler fan in me have one and took JuJu.

There are a glut of RB's at around 36 in ADP so I'll have a few choices or since the league is two flex spots I am not opposed to going WR/RB next. Kittle is the only TE I would take if he makes it and Mahomes is a QB I could at least consider but I am not sure I'd pull that trigger.

Anyway, I just figured I would talk out the draft feel free to leave any feedback.

I think that you probably should have taken Connor...in his time as Steelers coach, Tomlin has never shown any inclination to have a time share at RB, he seems to like a bell cow back. So Connor would have been my choice. But you know the Steelers better than I do, and Julio and JuJu are a pretty formidable pair.

I'd steer clear of a QB, plenty of them are available in the later rounds...it's just not worth it to burn a high pick on one IMO. I do agree that there are 4-5 RB's in that 36 range that I'd be good with, but I'm not goig to tip my hand here, LOL.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I think that you probably should have taken Connor...in his time as Steelers coach, Tomlin has never shown any inclination to have a time share at RB, he seems to like a bell cow back. So Connor would have been my choice. But you know the Steelers better than I do, and Julio and JuJu are a pretty formidable pair.

I'd steer clear of a QB, plenty of them are available in the later rounds...it's just not worth it to burn a high pick on one IMO. I do agree that there are 4-5 RB's in that 36 range that I'd be good with, but I'm not goig to tip my hand here, LOL.
      Lol we play in one league together and it is a keeper league, you don't want to give me an edge uh.

I know Conner could be really good, but I don't think I can guarantee it. I felt like baring injury I know what I am getting from Julio and JuJu. My starting RB on a few playoff teams was damien williams last year so I just feel like the volatility at RB is high once you get passed those top 4 (Barkley, CMC, Elliot and Kamara).

We will see who comes back I am 6 picks away now.

Comment

Ok, so no one really slipped below their ADP to me, at least no one glaring. Fournette and A Jones went at 3.07 and 3.08. Mahomes went at 3.06 and Ertz 3.01 so those were not options.

It got to the pick ahead of me and I had Cooper, Diggs, and Edelman as WR options. For RB I had Mack, D Freeman, K Johnson, and D Henry. The guy ahead of me took Cooper and I decided with two pretty reliable WR's already I'd shoot for Diggs really taking a step forward in 2019. I went back and forth on Freeman and Mack, but liked Mack more right now. I was burned by Freeman last year and just wanted a piece of the Colts offense.

Long way to wait now, I'll probably keep stacking RB's and WR since I still have a 2nd flex spot to fill.

Comment

When I made the 3/4 pick I had 3 PPR type RB's as my target at 5/6, White, Cohen and Coleman. White went early in round 5 and Cohen went right in front of me. So I wound up with Coleman as one of my picks. 2nd pick came down to taking one of the top QB's (Watson, Luck, ARod) or a WR. The top WR's were Ridley, Jefrey and Tyler Boyd. In the end I decided to roll the dice on one of those 3 QB's coming back and took Ridley. He has a clear role and if Jones gets hurt his role would increase a lot so it might not crush me. I just think Jefrey gets dinged up each year and I don't want parts of the Cincy offense.

So next up is look at QB, maybe a TE (the top 6 are gone) or keep getting RB/WR depth.

Comment

Pushed it on those 3 QB's and just barely got one. Rodgers got back to me so he was my round 7 pick. We have got to the point where all the TE's have big flaws and I didn't want to invest draft capital this high for guys I might be churning on the WW. That said one owner has drafted 3 TE's which has screwed a lot of that up. Anyway so after getting Rodgers I had two options in my mind. Corey Davis or Miles Sanders. I realize Sanders might not be someone I can use early on, but again sticking with my I want a piece of that offense strategy I want a piece of the Eagles. They used a 2nd rd pick on him and hopefully, he carves out a big role.

QB A Rodgers
            RB M Mack
            RB T Coleman
            WR J Jones
            WR JuJu
            Flex S Diggs
            Flex C ridley

Bench Miles Sanders

Comment

The Sony Michel pick is really, really bizarre. Not just because this is a PPR league and Michel is as anti-PPR as any RB available, but he very clearly would have been there in Rd2, and possibly even Rd3. So why waste picking him at 10 when he stood a 99.9% chance of being there at 15, and probably a 75%+ chance of being there at 34?

Either that drafter was a complete noob or an industry insider wanting to make his bones.

Comment

A few more rounds done now. My 9/10 turn wound up being Sterling Shepard and I finally got a TE in Trey Burton. Not my ideal TE and I'll probably need to add a 2nd one in this kind of draft. 11/12 I grabbed Nyheim Hines and Big Ben. Hines is a little bit of Mack insurance and even if Mack is healthy Hines should keep his pass-catching role which is usable in PPR. Ben gives me good backup to possibly play when Rodgers has tough matchups.

Comment

Working...
                X