MLBers whose names sound like Big Pharma Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLBers whose names sound like Big Pharma Drugs

Reds' recall yesterday of Graterol has me convinced I have seen a drug commercial with all sorts of horrible side effects before the announcer closes with, "Ask your doctor if Graterol is right for you."

so I looked over my NL-only rosters for names that sound like pharmaceutical drugs:

ACTIVE - Brebbia, Eflin, Realmuto, Soroka, Longoria, Conforto, Solano, Peraza, Senzel, Hiura, Maeda, Dubon, Quantrill, Agrazal, Senzatela, Puello, Verdugo, Peralta, Neris, Alzolay, Segura, Alfaro

RESERVE/FARM - Butera, Lodolo, Zagunis, Erceg, Gonsolin

ALers, feel free to post that league's version!

any favorites on that list? I took some Quantrill last night before bed, given that 16-inning Mets loss.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Giambi Bonds sounds alot like Astra Zenaca to me!

Comment

If you suffer from gastrointestinal upset, ask your doctor if Barria could be right for you.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

This was a hilarious post / idea.

Butera, Adzolay, Brebbia, Erceg are winners for me.

Do not take prescription strength Butera if you’re already taking blood thinners like Adzolay or Erceg. Butera may also cause problems if you’re taking an MAOI like Brebbia. Consult your doctor if you experience any gopheritis or other symptoms.
        Last edited by Sharky; 07-20-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I heard John Smoltz many years ago talking about how they had contests such as this during bus trips, rain delays, etc.

They would try to come up with something like the "All Fish" team. Kevin Bass, Chico Salmon, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            I heard John Smoltz many years ago talking about how they had contests such as this during bus trips, rain delays, etc.

They would try to come up with something like the "All Fish" team. Kevin Bass, Chico Salmon, etc.
            Tim Salmon
            Mike Trout
            Mickey Rivers.... not quite.

Comment

A few more:

Waguespack
              Armenteros
              Urquidy
              Naquin
              Profar
              Kipnis
              Tapia
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                This was a hilarious post / idea.

Butera, Adzolay, Brebbia, Erceg are winners for me.

Do not take prescription strength Butera if you’re already taking blood thinners like Adzolay or Erceg. Butera may also cause problems if you’re taking an MAOI like Brebbia. Consult your doctor if you experience any gopheritis or other symptoms.
                Great one Sharky!

Judge Jude, I'll try to do an AL version (note: My wife helped pick these names. At one point she asked if we were to try to figure out what symptoms these "drugs" treated; she hesitated and giggled when she heard the name Wang (Oakland reliever)).

This is an AL-only, standard 23-man roster (14 hitters, 9 pitchers). Names already mentioned by others in this thread have not been included ("rostered" on other teams...)

c- Zunino (TB)
                c - Phegley (Oak)
                1b - Brosseau (TB) - found this the hardest position to "fill"
                3b - Moncada (Chi)
                ci - Urshela (NYY)
                2b - Altuve (Hou)
                ss - Arteaga (KC)
                mi - Adrianza (Min)
                of - Mercado (Cle)
                of - Luplow (Cle) - Naquin has already been "rostered"; Cleveland can start an all-pharma OF
                of - Mazara (Tex)
                of - Buxton (Min)
                of - Laureano (Oak)
                ut - Rengifo (LAA)

sp - Paxton (NYY)
                sp - Pleasac (Cle)
                sp - Plutko (Cle)
                sp - Junis (KC)
                rp - Cisnero (Det)
                rp - Soria (Oak)
                rp - Kolarek (TB)
                rp - Eovaldi (Bos)
                and the Pat Venditte of the staff, with whom we think both names qualify...
                rp - Thyago Vieira (Chi)

IL - 3b, Cozart (LAA); and a whole lot of pitchers …. Kopech (Chi), Otero (Cle), Alcantara (Det), Sadzeck (Sea), Loaisiga (NYY), Stanek (TB), Altavilla (Sea), and Banda (TB)
                "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

That was impressive, Kawaise. You went with some big names and some deep cuts there. Next try to work some of them into a PSA.

Comment

yeah, sweet list.

you know someone at one of the big companies pitched "Altuve" as a name, until a baseball fan talked them out of it.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      yeah, sweet list.

you know someone at one of the big companies pitched "Altuve" as a name, until a baseball fan talked them out of it.
                      for when you need short bursts of energy.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                      X