Trading Goldy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Goldy

Have a deal on the table in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, dynasty league (no ##) where I would trade Goldschmidt for Conforto and R. Iglesias. In first place in my league, but want to be proactive to guard against Will Smith being traded to the AL or to an NL team as a set-up man.

Here's my roster: C--Ramos; 1B/3B/CI--Goldy, Donaldson, Desmond; 2B/SS/MI--Senzel, Rosario, Arcia; OF--Bellinger, S. Marte, Puig, R. Hernandez, B. Reynolds; UT--Ervin; Ps--Nola, Castillo, Lucchesi, Wheeler (DL) Musgrove, Gray, Gallen, J. Urias, C. Martinez and Smith.

Do I pull the trigger or hold tight? Thoughts from the Pen?

Goldschmidt has become rather pedestrian without the wheels. In fact, Conforto alone outproduces him this season. Since you're going for the win, the only fear is that Iglesias gets traded out of the league, which would most likely happen in the offseason rather than this current season. Still, Conforto is a good replica of Goldy anyway, if Goldy's running days are officially over.

Flags fly forever. I'd do it.

Comment

My only concern would be Goldy going bonkers in the 2nd half. Not that he has shown he will, but I'd worry he would. But as Revo said, all signs point to Conforto being just as good or better.

Comment

Held onto Goldy to see how the trade deadline unfolded. His recent HR binge makes me comfortable with the decision, plus looks like Will Smith might not be traded. Ended up trading a mid-round pick next year for Carlos Martinez, who immediately tallied a few saves (but got lit up in the process).

FYI, here were the latest offers, Goldy and Gallen for Conforto and Hader, and Goldy for Pollock, Keuchel and Doolittle.

Comment

Goldschmidt with home runs in 5 consecutive games now.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Goldschmidt with home runs in 5 consecutive games now.
            Now 6 consecutive games.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X