Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I make this offer

NL only 10 team keeper

I have decent offense but pitching has been a struggle. I am middle of the pack with a decent chance of finishing top 3. A dumper will make Robbie Ray $14B available. I was thinking of offering Lugo/Adzolay (both $5) and Jesse Winker $5B for Makail Franco $24A and Ray. I doubt if any of the players involved would make my 2020 keeper list other than Winker. His only other player who is not a keeper is Brian Dozier $17A who kills BA. Effectively giving up Winker for Ray and hoping to offset the loss of Winker with a productive player. I could use some insight.

Seems like that would help your team, and losing Winker would not be the worst. Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Seems like that would help your team, and losing Winker would not be the worst. Sure.
      I agree. If it's not going to hurt you next year, why not.

One caveat -- Robbie Ray may get traded out of the league. Do you still get his stats if he goes to the AL?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I agree. If it's not going to hurt you next year, why not.

One caveat -- Robbie Ray may get traded out of the league. Do you still get his stats if he goes to the AL?
        That’s the key question.

Comment

I do get stats from the other league in the year traded. I made the offer but so far no response.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Unfortunately the other owner did not even bother responding to my offer (hate that). I am thinking about substituting Paul DeJong $7B instead of Winker so the trade would be DeJong and a pitching piece for Robbie Ray $14B and a hitter (Franco or Dozier). Should I push the send button?

Comment

That sucks when the other party is non-responsive...good luck

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  Unfortunately the other owner did not even bother responding to my offer (hate that). I am thinking about substituting Paul DeJong $7B instead of Winker so the trade would be DeJong and a pitching piece for Robbie Ray $14B and a hitter (Franco or Dozier). Should I push the send button?
                  You may as well but youre kind of outbidding yourself and if he didnt respond to the first one, what makes you think he will respond to the second one? Cant you reach out and ask for feedback on the first offer?
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

The other owner finally responded late last night to the Winker offer, rejecting but saying it was close. Still thinking of offering DeJong for Ray but transactions are weekly and close in less than an hour so I lose 2 solid Ray starts. I have some time to think about it. Any thoughts?
                    Last edited by FBP; 07-22-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                      The other owner finally responded late last night to the Winker offer, rejecting but saying it was close. Still thinking of offering DeJong for Ray but transactions are weekly and close in less than an hour so I lose 2 solid Ray starts. I have some time to think about it. Any thoughts?
                      wait til lineups lock then make the offer.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                      X