Which S/RP pair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which S/RP pair?

Interesting situation in my 14 team mixed league. I need an RP and SP upgrade and the three teams looking to start dumping all have a duo they'd give me for the same prospects (Drew Waters and Brusdar Graterol). So, I have my choice. Which, if any, would you choose? The closer would replace Ian Kennedy and the pitcher would give me an option over the likes of Heaney, Efflin, Happ, and Archer at the bottom of my rotation.

Option 1: Kimbrel and Stroman
    Option 2: Chapman and Quintana
    Option 3: CMart and Erod

I may be able to get option 3 for just Waters.

Another option: trade waters and lux for just Morton. I'd be stuck with Kennedy, who might get traded, but I'd get a much better SP.

Comment

I'd probably do option 2, considering that Gratol is hurt and Lux should be up next season...I wouldn't do Waters and Lux for just Morton. Just too big a chance for Charlie to miss time.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd probably do option 2, considering that Gratol is hurt and Lux should be up next season...I wouldn't do Waters and Lux for just Morton. Just too big a chance for Charlie to miss time.
        Does it change anything that Kimbrel is at a decent keeper price? I like Stroman better than Quintana, so I'm wondering how much worse Kimbrel is than chapman. I was leaning that way, but maybe I'm undervaluing Quintana or overvaluing what Stroman !mght do on a new team.

Comment

The Chapman owner would give Carrasco instead of Quintana. I'm just not sure Carrasco pitches in the majors this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            The Chapman owner would give Carrasco instead of Quintana. I'm just not sure Carrasco pitches in the majors this year.
            I wouldn't do that deal at all...too many question marks with Carrasco. If you value Stroman over Quintana, go for it, it's simply a horse of a different color, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

No on Carrasco. Do the deal if Quintana is in. Don’t deal Lux.

Comment

I ended up dealing for Erod and CMart for Graterol and a couple of major league throw ins. I know I passed on the better pairs, but I ended up giving a lot less by being able to keep Waters. I was able to leverage to two better pairs to get the Erod/Cmart guy to lower his price to just Graterol. Now I am looking to flip Waters for another SP.

Comment

I would have tried to trade for Stroman and Chapman by splitting up the prospects. Good luck!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I would have tried to trade for Stroman and Chapman by splitting up the prospects. Good luck!
                    Well, I can still get Chapman for Waters, but I'm not sure that is the best way to spend my prospect capital at this point. I can also get Stroman and Yuli Guirell for Waters. Yuli has been so hot lately, but he'd be bumping Khris Davis from my line up and I keep thinking he eventually has his own hot streak.

Comment

I ended up also getting Kimbrel and Stroman for Waters and Tyler O'Neil. It makes my CMart acquisition pointless, but that deal was mostly about erod. Pickings are very slim this year for SPs from dumpers. I got all my deals done early--just as early as dumpers dumped, before everyone else realized this. Barring an unforeseen dumper in the coming weeks, I think I've dealt for all the decent pitching available.

Comment

Working...
                      X