• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP Rank

How would you rank these three ROS?

Gibson
    Peacock
    Cease
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Cease

Peacock

Gibson

Might put Cease under Peacock for the rest of the year but I pick Cease afterwards.

Comment

Peacock
      Cease
      ~~~~~
      Gibson

It's close. Cease/Peacock is a coin flip for me. GTMH I go with Peacock since Cease could struggle his second time through the league.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I don’t think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer here. These guys seem like they are all on the same tier and all have their warts.

I’m surprised by all the peacock love. He has been average this year and it seems to me that there is always risk of moving to the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I don’t think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer here. These guys seem like they are all on the same tier and all have their warts.

I’m surprised by all the peacock love. He has been average this year and it seems to me that there is always risk of moving to the pen.
          He had a 3.20 ERA prior to his last 4 starts pre-DL. It was 3.62 prior to his last start which added 0.5. His ERA is 1.15 now and oddly Baseball Reference doesn't show WHIP in the game log but I remember it being 1.11 when I traded him in one league a month ago. He's having a fine season. You are right that his innings may be limited.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            He had a 3.20 ERA prior to his last 4 starts pre-DL. It was 3.62 prior to his last start which added 0.5. His ERA is 1.15 now and oddly Baseball Reference doesn't show WHIP in the game log but I remember it being 1.11 when I traded him in one league a month ago. He's having a fine season. You are right that his innings may be limited.
            But last start happened, and if we could just remove starts from every pitcher the results would be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              But last start happened, and if we could just remove starts from every pitcher the results would be similar.
              Sure, but every pitcher is not in this discussion.

Comment

Working...
              X