RIP GladHeAteHer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP GladHeAteHer

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but long-time RJ member Gary Carter (aka GladHeAteHer) passed away last week. I don't have any details about his cause of death or anything, but he had been dealing with tons of medical problems the last handful of years and even had his leg amputated below the knee last year.

I was lucky enough to know Gary personally and he was a very sweet man that just had a real bad run of luck. It was on this very site that he recruited me to the league I still participate in along with a couple other junkies (tinitoys, Dr. Heat up until this year, even friarfan back in the day). Gary hadn't been on here much - heck, I'm not sure he had a computer in his latter years - but back in RJ's heyday he was as activate as anyone, professing his love for all things Padre and titillating us all with his large-swinging-bosoms-gif avatar.

RIP buddy

Wow, awful news. RIP
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I remember him on here...that is awful.

Comment

One of the oldtimers ... Sorry to hear the news.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

oh man, that's awful. I don't see his name in the member list, so not sure he ever transitioned to the new site. He played in the Vintage Drafts, I recall. How old was he?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but long-time RJ member Gary Carter (aka GladHeAteHer) passed away last week. I don't have any details about his cause of death or anything, but he had been dealing with tons of medical problems the last handful of years and even had his leg amputated below the knee last year.

I was lucky enough to know Gary personally and he was a very sweet man that just had a real bad run of luck. It was on this very site that he recruited me to the league I still participate in along with a couple other junkies (tinitoys, Dr. Heat up until this year, even friarfan back in the day). Gary hadn't been on here much - heck, I'm not sure he had a computer in his latter years - but back in RJ's heyday he was as activate as anyone, professing his love for all things Padre and titillating us all with his large-swinging-bosoms-gif avatar.

RIP buddy
            I do remember him from the old site. He did post a lot. I did not know Gary's name, just his RJ handle that made me smile.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              oh man, that's awful. I don't see his name in the member list, so not sure he ever transitioned to the new site. He played in the Vintage Drafts, I recall. How old was he?
              VDer indeed.

Thanks for the note overkill .... terrible to lose part of the family here without even knowing it.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Really sad to hear this...I hope that his family is bearing up under the circumstances.

Rest in Peace...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

I remember him (and the avatar) from the old site. I'm 52 years old and i seem to recall him being younger than me. If not, he couldn't have been much older. Either way, that's way too young to die. He should have still had a lot of years left. RIP RotoJunkie brother.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

RIP, Glad.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Not sure of his exact age but he was probably late-40s.

I believe he was divorced by the time I met him but he had a good relationship with his son at that point. Once he lost his job and started having trouble with medical bills I'm not sure how much he was allowed to see him. Hopefully they got to see each other before the end.

Comment

Aw, man. That hurts to hear. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Not sure of his exact age but he was probably late-40s.
                          Damn, that's way too young. And if he had his leg amputated, that's likely diabetic-related, which means he wasn't taking the proper medications, probably because like you said, the medical bills. Just awful. RIP Glad.

Comment

Damn, that's way too young. And if he had his leg amputated, that's likely diabetic-related, which means he wasn't taking the proper medications, probably because like you said, the medical bills. Just awful. RIP Glad.
                            Well, although I do think he had diabetes (Gary was a big dude), I think he said the amputation was a side effect from a surgery he had for necrotizing fasciitis (aka flesh-eating bacteria). Like I said, the guy had a real bad string of bad luck. He was hoping that a malpractice lawsuit for the amputation would get him some money to hopefully get things back on the right track

Comment

Well, although I do think he had diabetes (Gary was a big dude), I think he said the amputation was a side effect from a surgery he had for necrotizing fasciitis (aka flesh-eating bacteria). Like I said, the guy had a real bad string of bad luck. He was hoping that a malpractice lawsuit for the amputation would get him some money to hopefully get things back on the right track
                              Truly awful, being systematically abused like that.

I've missed his contributions here, I remember him being a good poster. Rest in peace.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                              X