Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty (No Salaries): Would you trade Victor Robles for Patrick Corbin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty (No Salaries): Would you trade Victor Robles for Patrick Corbin?

Long term is this wise if you own Robles? I could use some SP help for this season for sure and it's not like Corbin is over the hill, he's 29.

Would you trade Robles in a dynasty league for Corbin?

If I am not going for it this year, I'm happy to have Robles for my Corbin. He is a young up and coming talent and all, and pitchers are scary. However, if I am in your shoes and need pitching to help me win this year, Corbin is a big get and it isn't like he doesn't have some long term value as well. So, to answer your first sentence, no I don't think it is wise long term. But for this year and maybe the next 2-3 years, I don't think you regret the deal. If I am in a position that Corbin helps me win this year, I do that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      If I am not going for it this year, I'm happy to have Robles for my Corbin. He is a young up and coming talent and all, and pitchers are scary. However, if I am in your shoes and need pitching to help me win this year, Corbin is a big get and it isn't like he doesn't have some long term value as well. So, to answer your first sentence, no I don't think it is wise long term. But for this year and maybe the next 2-3 years, I don't think you regret the deal. If I am in a position that Corbin helps me win this year, I do that deal.
      Agreed.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I agree as well. Corbin has become a consistent ace, and the only hesitation is that a pitching injury could KO him for 1-2 seasons. But since we can’t predict the future, it’s a solid deal.

Comment

Was thinking about offering Robles but I change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I agree with this except the part "no I don't think it is wise long term," Giving injuries to pitchers a case could be made no pitcher is good long term some are better risks than others. If I needed pitching this is the type of pitcher I want. So I think it is wise for this year and the next couple of years.

We have to give to get no matter the format.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
              Was thinking about offering Robles but I change my mind.
              Glad we could help!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I agree with this except the part "no I don't think it is wise long term," Giving injuries to pitchers a case could be made no pitcher is good long term some are better risks than others. If I needed pitching this is the type of pitcher I want. So I think it is wise for this year and the next couple of years.

We have to give to get no matter the format.
                Depends, what does the market say? If he can give a lesser asset and still get Corbin then he should try to do that. Just because pitchers get injured doesn't mean Robles it the correct price to pay for Corbin, right??

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Glad we could help!
                  My pitchers are Gerrit Cole, Jose Berrios, Yu Darvish,, David Price, Zack Greinke, Chris Paddack, Jordan Yamamoto, Jameson Taillon, Brad Hand, Craig Kimbrel and Taylor Rodgers. Have Matt Manning, Hunter Greene, Triston McKenzie, and Kumar Rocker as pitching prospects. We start 9 pitchers total, including relief pitchers.
                  Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-10-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I already traded Rhys Hoskins for Zack Greinke for SP help a few weeks ago and was contemplating whether I needed to make another move. My team is in first place in my division with the best overall record in the league, but I have my doubts when it comes to my pitching.. If I were to trade someone like Robles for Corbin, that would leave me with no current bench for hitters and Jean Segura would start in his place at DH. I do have Jo Adell, Videl Brujan, and Isan Diaz as my bench reserves but they are still in the minors. Behind them I have Bobby Witt Jr. and Blaze Jordan as prospects. Sure I could drop a prospect for some waiver wire flavor of the week, but I hate doing that most of the time unless I'm hit by several injuries. One of the things I like about this league are the hard decisions you have to make because of a short bench vs. picking up a waiver wire guy for the interim. Some guys in my league value veterans for the their bench and some value prospects more. I didn't get the best team in the league by valuing middling veterans on my bench. I prefer to have prospects on my bench whenever possible because we have short benches. I just dropped prospect Matthew Liberatore for Isan Diaz, who I believe will be called up and starting soon at 2B. My 2B is Kendrick isn't playing everyday. I may end up picking up a waiver wire 2B anyway and drop Kendrick soon, even if Diaz isn't called up. Of course Liberatore was picked up off waivers right away.
                    Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Depends, what does the market say? If he can give a lesser asset and still get Corbin then he should try to do that. Just because pitchers get injured doesn't mean Robles it the correct price to pay for Corbin, right??
                      I agree. Something in my gut told me Corbin wasn't enough for Robles. The guy posted his availability and that he was going into rebuild mode. I posted my current pitchers in post #9. I'm not sure they are good enough to win with, but I'm not convinced they aren't either. Certainly not enough to make me trade Robles for Corbin, even if it is a solid deal. My hitting is very good and I have the best record. I start Sanchez (C), Rizzo (1B), Kendrick (2B), Devers (3B), Turner (SS), Kingery (MI), Bellinger (CI), Acuna (OF), S Marte (OF), Soto (OF), Trout (OF), Vlad Jr (DH), and either Robles (DH) or J Segura (DH). Again, no bench to speak of with regards to veterans, just prospects. Same is true for pitchers with the exception of Yamamoto and Taillon.

Comment

I wonder if a package of Tailon and Diaz could get you Corbin? I'm figuring you are higher on Brujan as your future 2nd bagger.
                        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                          I wonder if a package of Tailon and Diaz could get you Corbin? I'm figuring you are higher on Brujan as your future 2nd bagger.
                          And in Dynasty no way am I trading Adell.

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                            I offered him Taillon and Diaz for Corbin but he rejected. He sent me a note with the players he's interested in. It doesn't look like we will be making a deal anytime soon.

Rafael Devers, Ronald Acuna, Victor Robles, Jose Berrios, Vladimir Guerrero, Gary Sanchez, Chris Paddack, Trea Turner and Juan Soto.

Comment: These are guys that i am interested in. I doubt you want to move anyone them but if interested throw out some ideas. Keep up the great season.

His players are: Christian Vazquez, Justin Smoak, Brian Dozier, Evan Longoria, Elvis Andrus, Dee Gordan, Will Myers, Nicholas Castellanos, Tommy Pham, Yasiel Puig, Justin Upton, Astrubal Cabrera, George Springer, Yadier Molina, Tim Beckham, Randal Grichuk, Christian Pache, Mitch Moreland, Giancarlo Stanton, Patrick Corbin, Danny Duffy, J A Happ, Lance Lynn, German Marquez, James Paxton, Marcus Stroman, Trevor Williams, Edwin Diaz, Dylan Bundy, Kyle Freeland, Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Richards, Tanner Roark, and Luis Severino.

I don't really see a deal based upon what he's interested in from my team and what's on his that would help my team.
                            Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-10-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X