Thread: Who should make and who should win the 2020 NBA Finals?

Who should make and who should win the 2020 NBA Finals?

The greatest thing about this NBA offseason is that I think there are two many possible answers to this question to just post a poll with three or four teams and "other". In the West, a case can be made for LAK, LAC, GSW, HOU, DEN, UTA, POR. In the East, I think a case can be made for MIL, PHI, BOS, TOR or IND. (I don't see BKN as being in the conversation until 2020-21 should KD come back healthy.)

My head is happy, but my heart is sad with what Philly did. I had so much invested in last year's team, and knowing they were one quadruple dink away from being tied with the eventual winner, I really wanted to "run it back". McConnell is subpar, but he was such the heart of the team, I've listened to all of JJ's podcasts because he was a sixer (and he gets good guests and he's pretty good at it too), Boban was fun... it was just a really likable team. So I'm a bit heartbroken... and I'm not sure I have the energy to invest like I did last year.

That said .... I think they are a better team now, and everyone else (except maybe Indiana) took a minor step back. I should be delighted .... and maybe I will be once the season starts. They really need 2 of Shake Milton, Zhaire Smith, and this year's draft pick Matisse Thybulle to step up and be useful roll-players. Otherwise, they look solid all around.
    Last edited by heyelander; 07-08-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    My head is happy, but my heart is sad with what Philly did. I had so much heart invested in last year's team, and knowing we were one quadruple dink away from being tied with the eventual winner, I really wanted to "run it back". McConnell is subpar, but he was such the heart of the team, I've listened to all of JJ's podcasts because he was a sixer (and he gets good guests and he's pretty good at it too), Boban was fun... it was just a really likable team. So I'm a bit heartbroken... and I'm not sure I have the energy to invest like I did last year.

That said .... I think they are a better team now, and everyone else (except maybe Indiana) took a minor step back. I should be delighted .... and maybe I will be once the season starts. They really need 2 of Shake Milton, Zhaire Smith, and this year's draft pick Matisse Thybulle to step up and be useful roll-players. Otherwise, they look solid all around.
    I agree - and I think by Christmas your heart will catch up with your head. It's amazing what a couple months of winning can do.
    The Raptors are back to being a playoff team but not a contender for the finals, at least as the team sits now.