2K19 Trade Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Trade Rumors

The Astros are reportedly in heavy pursuit of Tigers LHP Matthew Boyd. Will they give up Kyle Tucker?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Where will Madison Bumgarner and Will Smith end up at?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Tigers likely to deal Boyd, Greene and Castellanos.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Where will Madison Bumgarner and Will Smith end up at?
        Atl would be a good destination for both players.

Comment

I could see Will Smith (the SFG version) going to MIN or ATL.

Castellanos could go to NYY maybe. Just a guess.

Boyd definitely to HOU but I suspect at some other cost.

Comment

and of course Stroman & Giles are on the market as well
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              The Tigers likely to deal Boyd, Greene and Castellanos.
              Joe Jimenez is also likely to be dealt.
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                Joe Jimenez is also likely to be dealt.
                Curious as to why? Cheap, controllable and wouldn't bring back much.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  Curious as to why? Cheap, controllable and wouldn't bring back much.
                  and I have him on the cheap for his future saves. noooooo detroit, don't trade him

Comment

It baffles me as well but papers and radio are spouting it daily. It may be how they feel about Boyd that by the time the Tigers are competitive he will be a FA so why not maximize his value now. He has been the closer in waiting for years but cannot consistently find the strike zone which makes him a perfect closer for the Tigers. This year with Green is one of the few times in the last few decades that the Tigers 9th inning is not a total roller coaster ride.

I am not saying it is the right move to trade Boyd or Jimenez in truth I think they should keep both; however I say that mostly because I do not trust Avila to get anything close to value for either player let alone get max value.
                    Last edited by Vecmizer; 07-07-2019, 07:06 AM.
                    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                      It baffles me as well but papers and radio are spouting it daily. It may be how they feel about Boyd that by the time the Tigers are competitive he will be a FA so why not maximize his value now. He has been the closer in waiting for years but cannot consistently find the strike zone which makes him a perfect closer for the Tigers. This year with Green is one of the few times in the last few decades that the Tigers 9th inning is not a total roller coaster ride.

I am not saying it is the right move to trade Boyd or Jimenez in truth I think they should keep both; however I say that mostly because I do not trust Avila to get anything close to value for either player let alone get max value.
                      It is probably more talk than anything else. Moving Jimenez makes no sense at this time. He hasn't done anything so you get back like what? Now I suppose if they trade him packaged with another player then perhaps that makes more sense. As far trusting AH-vi-la to make a good deal that remains to be seen. We for sure have good pitching prospects but positional players is a huge area where there is nobody close at this time. In fact name a Tiger hitting prospect that you are excited about? That might stump a few fans. This is an area where the are now extended contract GM needs to improve on.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        and of course Stroman & Giles are on the market as well
                        MIN wants both. Other suitors for Stro are ATL, PHI, NYY and COL. He's my favourite Jay but between injuries and suckiness there hasn't been much to root for. Marcus, we hardly knew ye.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          MIN wants both. Other suitors for Stro are ATL, PHI, NYY and COL. He's my favourite Jay but between injuries and suckiness there hasn't been much to root for. Marcus, we hardly knew ye.
                          yeah, he's been fun to have but his time is done here. I'd love to see us try to land a solid CF prospect - Drew Waters from Atl comes to mind as a good fit.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The Astros are reportedly interested in Zack Wheeler now along with Matthew Boyd, Marcus Stroman & Mike Minor.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How dangerous is an Urquidy pickup before Wednesday?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X