Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2K19 Trade Rumors

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecmizer View Post
    It baffles me as well but papers and radio are spouting it daily. It may be how they feel about Boyd that by the time the Tigers are competitive he will be a FA so why not maximize his value now. He has been the closer in waiting for years but cannot consistently find the strike zone which makes him a perfect closer for the Tigers. This year with Green is one of the few times in the last few decades that the Tigers 9th inning is not a total roller coaster ride.

I am not saying it is the right move to trade Boyd or Jimenez in truth I think they should keep both; however I say that mostly because I do not trust Avila to get anything close to value for either player let alone get max value.
    It is probably more talk than anything else. Moving Jimenez makes no sense at this time. He hasn't done anything so you get back like what? Now I suppose if they trade him packaged with another player then perhaps that makes more sense. As far trusting AH-vi-la to make a good deal that remains to be seen. We for sure have good pitching prospects but positional players is a huge area where there is nobody close at this time. In fact name a Tiger hitting prospect that you are excited about? That might stump a few fans. This is an area where the are now extended contract GM needs to improve on.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    and of course Stroman & Giles are on the market as well
    MIN wants both. Other suitors for Stro are ATL, PHI, NYY and COL. He's my favourite Jay but between injuries and suckiness there hasn't been much to root for. Marcus, we hardly knew ye.

The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13-15
    12 Team AL 5x5
    2020 Keeper candidates (keep up to 12):
    CVazquez 1 NLowe 5 RNunez 3 Odor 16 Lemahieu 11 Bichette 6 Biggio 2
    YAlvarez 1 Hicks 15 KCalhoun 9 CFrazier 10
    YChirinos 1 McKay 2 DGerman 2 Heaney 4 Pineda 10 JShafer 2

Quote Originally Posted by virgonomic View Post
    MIN wants both. Other suitors for Stro are ATL, PHI, NYY and COL. He's my favourite Jay but between injuries and suckiness there hasn't been much to root for. Marcus, we hardly knew ye.
    yeah, he's been fun to have but his time is done here. I'd love to see us try to land a solid CF prospect - Drew Waters from Atl comes to mind as a good fit.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    The Astros are reportedly interested in Zack Wheeler now along with Matthew Boyd, Marcus Stroman & Mike Minor.

How dangerous is an Urquidy pickup before Wednesday?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude