Tyler Skaggs Died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Skaggs Died?

The Angels just released a statement that Tyler Skaggs died??

cripes, multiple news outlets reporting. No cause listed yet.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

How terrible, just 27 and he just got married a few months ago.

What is it about the Angels? Adenhart, Valbuena, Lyman Bostock, Mike Miley, Chico Ruiz, the meltdown of Donnie Moore.....cripes.

Comment

This is sad. I'm sure we'll hear more about this but to lose a life so young.

Comment

The report I read said he was found at a Southlake Hilton hotel around 2pm in a room. Google maps shows that hotel is about 20 miles from the Rangers ballpark. I am not familiar with the Dallas ares, but why would the team be staying at a hotel so far from the ballpark? I assume that Skaggs was not at the team hotel.

I hope I am not right, but this does not look good and I am thinking it could be drug related. Sad, sad day.

Comment

looking more at google maps, the hotel is close the DFW airport. So maybe it was the team hotel. I hope so, but I guess it really does not change the result that he is no longer here.

Comment

The Southlake Hilton was the team hotel. That was reported very early on as this was breaking. Southlake isn’t far. Sorry didn’t know you guys were discussing that aspect or I would have chimed in earlier. I’m in Arlington now for what it’s worth.
              Last edited by Ken; 07-01-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post

I hope I am not right, but this does not look good and I am thinking it could be drug related. Sad, sad day.
                What is not looking good? Other than the fact that he died? I don’t think there is any reason at all to speculate that it’s drug related. Seems more likely an undiagnosed heart condition or a blood clot. Could be anything but I would advise against assuming something negative. I’ve never heard anything but positive accounts of his character let’s not take pot shots.

Comment

A real shame. Hate to see anyone snuffed out so young.

Comment

Suicide is not suspected.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Sad indeed. RIP Tyler Skaggs.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        How terrible, just 27 and he just got married a few months ago.

What is it about the Angels? Adenhart, Valbuena, Lyman Bostock, Mike Miley, Chico Ruiz, the meltdown of Donnie Moore.....cripes.
                        And Tommy Hanson.

Another strange coincidence occurred in my local 14 team mixed league with Mith & Mag7. Just one day prior to Skaggs death, another owner dropped Skaggs for D.Cease. Purely coincidence but chilling none the less.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          What is not looking good? Other than the fact that he died? I don’t think there is any reason at all to speculate that it’s drug related. Seems more likely an undiagnosed heart condition or a blood clot. Could be anything but I would advise against assuming something negative. I’ve never heard anything but positive accounts of his character let’s not take pot shots.
                          How can you say that there is not any reason to speculate that it is drug related? Less than 5% of deaths of adults in their twenties are from heart related conditions. I hope it was not drug related, but real world numbers say that will probably be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            How can you say that there is not any reason to speculate that it is drug related? Less than 5% of deaths of adults in their twenties are from heart related conditions. I hope it was not drug related, but real world numbers say that will probably be the case.
                            *sigh*

This is pretty low. If you really want to discuss this further and don't understand why it's a problem, PM me, otherwise please just discontinue this line.

Comment

No problem - agree to discontinue.

Comment

Working...
                              X