Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Skaggs Died?

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Sad indeed. RIP Tyler Skaggs.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    How terrible, just 27 and he just got married a few months ago.

What is it about the Angels? Adenhart, Valbuena, Lyman Bostock, Mike Miley, Chico Ruiz, the meltdown of Donnie Moore.....cripes.
    And Tommy Hanson.

Another strange coincidence occurred in my local 14 team mixed league with Mith & Mag7. Just one day prior to Skaggs death, another owner dropped Skaggs for D.Cease. Purely coincidence but chilling none the less.

Double-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What is not looking good? Other than the fact that he died? I donít think there is any reason at all to speculate that itís drug related. Seems more likely an undiagnosed heart condition or a blood clot. Could be anything but I would advise against assuming something negative. Iíve never heard anything but positive accounts of his character letís not take pot shots.
    How can you say that there is not any reason to speculate that it is drug related? Less than 5% of deaths of adults in their twenties are from heart related conditions. I hope it was not drug related, but real world numbers say that will probably be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    How can you say that there is not any reason to speculate that it is drug related? Less than 5% of deaths of adults in their twenties are from heart related conditions. I hope it was not drug related, but real world numbers say that will probably be the case.
    *sigh*

This is pretty low. If you really want to discuss this further and don't understand why it's a problem, PM me, otherwise please just discontinue this line.

Double-A
    No problem - agree to discontinue.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    The report I read said he was found at a Southlake Hilton hotel around 2pm in a room. Google maps shows that hotel is about 20 miles from the Rangers ballpark. I am not familiar with the Dallas ares, but why would the team be staying at a hotel so far from the ballpark? I assume that Skaggs was not at the team hotel.

I hope I am not right, but this does not look good and I am thinking it could be drug related. Sad, sad day.
    Autopsy released today showed Skaggs had a ďsignificant amountĒ of Fentanyl, ovycodone and alcohol in his system and died by choking on his own vomit. The level of Fentanyl in his system, according to the toxicologist, could alone cause death.

Terrible.

Some people know nothing.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

statement from Skaggs family includes: "We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels."

whoa
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2020 candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10, Eflin 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 1O Belt 10, 1O Beaty 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, Dyson 8

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Autopsy released today showed Skaggs had a “significant amount” of Fentanyl, ovycodone and alcohol in his system and died by choking on his own vomit. The level of Fentanyl in his system, according to the toxicologist, could alone cause death.

Terrible.
    Fentanyl was what did Prince in as well...terrible stuff when not used properly.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Fentanyl was what did Prince in as well...terrible stuff when not used properly.
    And Tom Petty.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige