When do you know it's over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you know it's over?

You have that sinking, gut feeling that you know this season is not in the cards. It's late June and maybe you're in the middle of the pack but the teams ahead of you are better. You're not as bad as the teams behind you, but you know it's just not a great team. Is it too either to start the rebuild for next year or do you keep grinding?

How do you know it's over?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

it's over when you don't get a better slot in the next April farm draft for finishing better (which you can fix next year if you have a farm draft, or just offer a different carrot). I'm not a close 7th, I'm close to the first pick in the farm draft!

failing that, find your lame ducks and start shopping 'em. if you get a great offer right away -it's over!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

It's over when the fat lady is knocking on your door holding up your name and singing Nothing Left To Say (Imagine Dragons). She came to my door before the season started.

In both my NL leagues they reward 4th place as the 1st pick in the farm draft but in 1 league 12TO I knew it was over after the draft. The pitching had the potential to be good but that didn't turn out well and had too many holes in my hitting.

In my other NL league I'm in 2nd so no notion of giving up there. Usually in competition most years but 2 yrs ago I did dump during June. Most owners in that league generally will not dump until the end of May.

Comment

It's over when you start preparing more for your fantasy football draft -- which is over two months away.

Comment

All very good signs! I did start looking at RBs this AM. Not a good indicator. lol

Comment

When you start thinking about how nice it will be to stop spending so much time working about your team.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

When Einar Diaz does what he did yesterday.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                When Einar Diaz does what he did yesterday.
                What did he do

Comment

when you start mining for keepers

Comment

Working...
                  X