Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Gallen and Keuchel

Both will be available for FAAB Sunday.

Gallen had a good start and was pitching lights out prior to being called up. Uncertain as to how the Marlins rotation will work out. Smith should be back soon. Lopez is in question as to how long and Urena is on the 60-day DL. Right now it is Richards, Alcantara, Yamamoto and Hernandez. So how FAAB to spend on Gallen?

Keuchel debut yesterday was rusty and as predicted it may take him another few starts before he ramps up. I'm apprehensive on the amount of FAAB to spend on him as last season was mediocre and worried that he might not be worth what some teams will spend on FAAB. He is 31 and are we looking at him declining?

I lost Hill - no surprise there - and need another starter.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post

Keuchel debut yesterday was rusty and as predicted it may take him another few starts before he ramps up. I'm apprehensive on the amount of FAAB to spend on him as last season was mediocre and worried that he might not be worth what some teams will spend on FAAB. He is 31 and are we looking at him declining?

Thoughts?
    of the players who sat out a few months, have any had reasonable a season upon their return.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      Both will be available for FAAB Sunday.

Gallen had a good start and was pitching lights out prior to being called up. Uncertain as to how the Marlins rotation will work out. Smith should be back soon. Lopez is in question as to how long and Urena is on the 60-day DL. Right now it is Richards, Alcantara, Yamamoto and Hernandez. So how FAAB to spend on Gallen?

I lost Hill - no surprise there - and need another starter.

Thoughts?
      Keuchel is likely to be mediocre the rest of the way...he's entered that stage of his career where age and innings collide to create a downside outcome. So don't expect more than a mid rotation starter the rest of the way, if that. He'll eat innings, and get some wins as he's with a good club, but if you've got other options, I'd examine them really closely.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

In both my NL only leagues, they both went for $40 each

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
          In both my NL only leagues, they both went for $40 each
          Need some context...$40 out of $100, or $40 out of 1000?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Out of $100 budget in a 5x5, 10 pitcher league

Btw, the rookie alzolay went for $16 and $14

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
              Out of $100 budget in a 5x5, 10 pitcher league

Btw, the rookie alzolay went for $16 and $14
              Thanks...that's a pile of money out of $100 buck budget. I like the Alzoay buy much better...iffier as to whether he gets a rotation spot, but I think that pretty much all other stats are going to be better.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Keuchel is likely to be mediocre the rest of the way...he's entered that stage of his career where age and innings collide to create a downside outcome. So don't expect more than a mid rotation starter the rest of the way, if that. He'll eat innings, and get some wins as he's with a good club, but if you've got other options, I'd examine them really closely.
                Horns I tend to agree here. Kuechel if the FAAB was right is still a viable starter but not going to bid a ton up on him. Gallen may be the pitcher I target more. My pitching is # 1 in the league but because every point needed I'm very close in wins and Ks. At this point I'm down to 4 starters Buehler, Ryu, Nola and Quintana. I had Freeland on my team but had to deep six him.

Comment

bids from last week, before he had his first start:

Auctioning - Craig Kimbrel
                  The Putsy Caballero Experience Winning Bid $40 Dropped Taylor Clarke - ARI
                  Acuna Matata $36 Lost
                  Chin Music $29 Lost

Auctioning - Dallas Keuchel
                  Acuna Matata Winning Bid $32 Dropped Scott Oberg - COL
                  The Putsy Caballero Experience $30 Lost
                  Chin Music $29 Lost
                  Super Awesome High 5 Fun Squad $21 Lost
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Kuechel went for $28 and Gallen $17.

Comment

I was offered an unkeepable Kuechel for CSmith 1-S1 (off IL next week) and Cueto 1-S2 (a 2020 lottery ticket)
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Auto pass

Caleb smith just had an 11 k game btw

Comment

yeah, Cueto's future worth is debatable. but CSmith is better than Kuechel AND a keeper.

this owner tends to make reasonable offers. I really need another SP and he figured maybe I'd buy into the Kuechel of old coming around.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            yeah, Cueto's future worth is debatable. but CSmith is better than Kuechel AND a keeper.

this owner tends to make reasonable offers. I really need another SP and he figured maybe I'd buy into the Kuechel of old coming around.
                            Agreed on the pass. Rather have Smith at $1. I have Cueto for a buck but as you say he is a lottery pick at this point and not even sure I'm keeping him for next season.

Comment

So is Gallen even going to stick in the rotation? Would you rather have him or Cease ROS? I blew $15 on Gallen so want to hang on to him but if doesn't stay in the rotation it's a sunk cost for me.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X