Thoughts on Gallen and Keuchel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    if doesn't stay in the rotation it's a sunk cost for me.
    Pretty sure it's a sunk cost no matter what... since that's what a sunk cost is

Comment

So is Gallen even going to stick in the rotation? Would you rather have him or Cease ROS? I blew $15 on Gallen so want to hang on to him but if doesn't stay in the rotation it's a sunk cost for me.
      Here is an interesting article on Gallen. Buyer beware. - http://rotoprofessor.com/prospect-br...an-aberration/

I'm guessing he either moves to the bullpen or to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
        Here is an interesting article on Gallen. Buyer beware. - http://rotoprofessor.com/prospect-br...an-aberration/

I'm guessing he either moves to the bullpen or to AAA.
        Why would they removed him rather than Hernandez? Gallen's FIP of 2.87 is two runs lower than Hernandez' 4.84 and he has nothing left to prove in the minors. And if he doesn't have overpowering stuff, a move to the bullpen doesn't make much sense either.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Why would they removed him rather than Hernandez? Gallen's FIP of 2.87 is two runs lower than Hernandez' 4.84 and he has nothing left to prove in the minors. And if he doesn't have overpowering stuff, a move to the bullpen doesn't make much sense either.
          They are going with a 5 man rotation after the all-star break, so one of Hernandez, Gallen, or Yamamoto is going to the BP. You might be right about Hernandez being the guy who loses a spot. What are your thoughts on that article about Gallen?
          Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-07-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            They are going with a 5 man rotation after the all-star break, so one of Hernandez, Gallen, or Yamamoto is going to the BP. You might be right about Hernandez being the guy who loses a spot. What are your thoughts on that article about Gallen?
            Not so sure it is Hernandez. I think Yamamoto stays in for sure. The article on Gallen? He pitched well against Stl but next 2 games against Was are not so great 7 IP 5 ER. Depends on how the Marlins want to go on this.

Comment

I think Hernandez goes to the pen(he has MLB experience there) or back to AAA unless the Marlins trade Smith or Richards.

Comment

Working...
              X