Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montas 80-game suspension for PEDs

Ouch.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Ouch.
    You can't correct stupid.

Comment

What do people think of him long term? Has he been so great this year cuz of PEDs? A fellow contender has him at $1 and I suspect he will flip him for a top end rental. I'll be trying to sell my Luzardo to the same sellers and I'm wondering if I can legitimately claim to have the better As arm long term to sellers.

Comment

And to add insult to non-injury, he will have to take up a valuable bench spot for the rest of the season in most keeper leagues.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          A fellow contender has him at $1 and I suspect he will flip him for a top end rental. I'll be trying to sell my Luzardo to the same sellers and I'm wondering if I can legitimately claim to have the better As arm long term to sellers.
          While all pitchers have a serious risk for injury, if Montas fails another test it is a full season suspension for a 2nd violation I believe. I rarely ever keep a pitcher in a keeper that needs TJ...to throw another huge risk like a potential 2nd failed test is the angle I'd use if trying to make your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            What do people think of him long term? Has he been so great this year cuz of PEDs? A fellow contender has him at $1 and I suspect he will flip him for a top end rental. I'll be trying to sell my Luzardo to the same sellers and I'm wondering if I can legitimately claim to have the better As arm long term to sellers.
            I have no idea why you'd want to flip Luzardo now that he's on the way back up...he's seeming healthy and dominant again, and going for a few rehab starts in AAA ball.

This guy has the potential to be a top 10 pitcher in a short period of time...there will be the usual stumbles along the way, but sooner, rather than later, you'll have a stud pitcher in your rotation.

Unless the move can win you the title, I wouldn't consider moving Luzardo.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I have no idea why you'd want to flip Luzardo now that he's on the way back up...he's seeming healthy and dominant again, and going for a few rehab starts in AAA ball.

This guy has the potential to be a top 10 pitcher in a short period of time...there will be the usual stumbles along the way, but sooner, rather than later, you'll have a stud pitcher in your rotation.

Unless the move can win you the title, I wouldn't consider moving Luzardo.
              I like Luzardo a lot, but he has an injury history in his short career, and potential is just that. I have moved better prospects than him to win. Rest assured that I wouldn't give him away, but he is sure to fetch one or more significant upgrade for me, and the Montas owner is the guy who came in 2nd to me the last two years. I want to make it 3 in a row .

Comment

So what do folks expect from Montas in 2020?

Comment

Seth Trachtman's blurb from the player profile in "The Fantasy Baseball Guide" summed it up for me, "His new splitter had nothing to do with PEDs. This is really an ace."
                  Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X