Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damon Jones (Phillies Prospect): Preemtive Strike or Nothing Burger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon Jones (Phillies Prospect): Preemtive Strike or Nothing Burger?

Only 1% owned in CBS. He's a little older (24), but does pitch deep into games. His AA debut was 6 innings, 1 run, 1 walk, and 12 Ks. His previous 3 starts before that were 17.1 innings, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 29 Ks. He has a 1.54 era, 0.99 whip, 25 walks, 100 Ks in 64 innings pitched in 2019 minors. The leagues are hitting .177 against him. He has 261 Ks in 203 innings in his minor league career. Given his age and production I would think he could be on the fast track to the majors.

Is this someone to consider for a dynasty league?

I read a lot of Phillies MiLB stuff, and his name was new to me... I just went back and did a search on PhuturePhillies, and some of the guys are tentatively impressed. The new lists people were posting had him somewhere between 10-20 in the system and trending in a positive direction. If you're looking for a phillies pitcher that's probably not rostered yet I think I would look more at Spencer Howard.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I read a lot of Phillies MiLB stuff, and his name was new to me... I just went back and did a search on PhuturePhillies, and some of the guys are tentatively impressed. The new lists people were posting had him somewhere between 10-20 in the system and trending in a positive direction. If you're looking for a phillies pitcher that's probably not rostered yet I think I would look more at Spencer Howard.
      Shoulder trouble and hasn't pitched since 4/23, no thanks. I don't see him being any better stash than Jones. If he can prove healthy I do like his K numbers, but I think I like Jones a tad better. That could change on a dime however.

Comment

Today: no decision, 6 ip, 2 hits, 3 bb, 7 Ks.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Howard probably has better upside long term, but that isn't a guarantee by a long shot. However, Howard is their #1 prospect and Jones is #21. How is Howard's current shoulder issue? I noticed he hasn't pitched since April.

Comment

Working...
          X