Time to drop Aaron Sanchez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to drop Aaron Sanchez?

Is Sanchez drop-worthy in AL Only? He's been getting knocked around, has poor control, not a lotta K's, only 3 quality starts through 15 GS... after getting pummeled by the Astros, he's now at 5.04 ERA, 1.60 whip. 75 IP, 65 K, 43 BB... oh, and he's averaged exactly 5 IP/GS.

My drop options are limited. Its daily transactions with SV+HD, so I need to keep my MR around, and I like my holds guys.

D. Fowler $4 (I drafted him for $4 expecting some MLB time by now, but I don't want to drop him. Still holding out hope for a future 20/20 guy.)

W. LeBlanc $10 (drafted at $6, dropped and recently FAAB'd)

A. Sanchez $6

MR (Workman, Wittgren, Petit, Biagini, R. Harper, Giles, LeClerc)... SP (Snell, G. Cole, Clevenger, Tanaka, Price, LeBlanc, Sanchez)

I need to clear a spot for Clevenger by Monday and another likely for Giles in a week (although another injury could pop up by then). I guess its Sanchez 1st, Leblanc or Fowler after that?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I thought this was a thread from 2017!

Seriously, yes. He does far more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I thought this was a thread from 2017!

Seriously, yes. He does far more harm than good.
      Remember this is AL Only. In leagues that deep we're talking about only guys like David Hess and Drew Smyly as free agents.

I'd definitely *bench* Sanchez but I'm not sure why you would want to cut him over LeBlanc, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Remember this is AL Only. In leagues that deep we're talking about only guys like David Hess and Drew Smyly as free agents.

I'd definitely *bench* Sanchez but I'm not sure why you would want to cut him over LeBlanc, for example.
        Wouldn't the damage be even worse in an AL Only? He's activating Clevinger. Eliminate one giant negative in Sanchez and replace him with one of the top pitchers in the AL.

Comment

Wouldn't the damage be even worse in an AL Only? He's activating Clevinger. Eliminate one giant negative in Sanchez and replace him with one of the top pitchers in the AL.
          Realize that Aaron Sanchez has actually been net positive in 12 team AL Only despite his rough season. That's how deep it is. You'd think he's a giant negative but he's actually not.

Comment

Damnit... I should've trusted Ken. Sanchez is long gone for me.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Damnit... I should've trusted Ken. Sanchez is long gone for me.
              You do realize that since this post he's gone 1-6 with a 7.01 ERA and 1.65 WHIP? If that's not a giant negative in an AL-Only league, I'm not sure what is.

Comment

You do realize that since this post he's gone 1-6 with a 7.01 ERA and 1.65 WHIP? If that's not a giant negative in an AL-Only league, I'm not sure what is.
                True but he has been quite good of late, even before the no-hitter. Ks are up, BBs down.

Comment

Yeah, I would've held him on my bench. I couldn't have predicted the Astros magic would transform him. Astros are like the Pirates of a few years back, improving all of the pitchers that head there. Maybe it will be short lived. I saw Sanchez shaking his throwing hand during the no-no, and even if he figures out how to be more effective, he's always breaking down with the blister and finger issues.

Anyway, no biggie, but another misplay of mine in a season of many.

Comment

Working...
                  X