Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldschmidt wtf?

Where is mith??
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Where is mith??
    I think Mith stopped posting after JDMartinez

Comment

The speed is gone and his power has shriveled up. While his HRs should stay in his career range, he has just 6 doubles, which puts him on pace for only 14 (he typically hits in the 30s). I assume his lack of doubles are why his RBI total is so low.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        The speed is gone and his power has shriveled up. While his HRs should stay in his career range, he has just 6 doubles, which puts him on pace for only 14 (he typically hits in the 30s). I assume his lack of doubles are why his RBI total is so low.
        He has gotten streaky with age. In May 2018 he was OPS .583. IN June 2018 he was OPS 1.199. The RBIs are more the team--6 2B but 12 HR.

Also, he's no longer at high altitude.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          He has gotten streaky with age. In May 2018 he was OPS .583. IN June 2018 he was OPS 1.199. The RBIs are more the team--6 2B but 12 HR.

J
          Yeah, the "high altitude" in phoenix is a big part of it.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
            If the team was to blame, how does Ozuna register 55 RBIs to Goldy’s 27? He’s just not hitting with RISP. In 40 ABs with RISP, he’s hitting .250 with 0 HRs and just 11 RBIs. Yelich, by comparison, has 45 ABs with RISP and has 30 RBIs.

And honestly, I’ve never heard about Arizona players having an altitude advantage, but I’m not discounting it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              If the team was to blame, how does Ozuna register 55 RBIs to Goldy’s 27? He’s just not hitting with RISP. In 40 ABs with RISP, he’s hitting .250 with 0 HRs and just 11 RBIs. Yelich, by comparison, has 45 ABs with RISP and has 30 RBIs.

And honestly, I’ve never heard about Arizona players having an altitude advantage, but I’m not discounting it.
              Chase is usually top 10 in runs and has been as high as #2 in the last five years. This year it's a pitchers park. Strange.
              Visit ESPN for MLB live scores, video highlights and latest news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play Fantasy Baseball.

OK Maybe it's not team. Still, situational hitting tends to be fairly random.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Arizona is using the humidor just like Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
                  Arizona is using the humidor just like Colorado
                  Big change.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Seriously wtf?
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Wonder if I should make a low-ball offer for him. Team is out of the race but his power number has taken a nose dive. Another thing that concerns me his OBP has been spiraling down.

Read this article on him. https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-de...l-goldschmidt/

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Wonder if I should make a low-ball offer for him. Team is out of the race but his power number has taken a nose dive. Another thing that concerns me his OBP has been spiraling down.

Read this article on him. https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-de...l-goldschmidt/
                        A contender just dealt him yesterday for practically nothing to a non-contender. I was shocked. I expect the non-contender to wait for a hot streak and then flip him for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          A contender just dealt him yesterday for practically nothing to a non-contender. I was shocked. I expect the non-contender to wait for a hot streak and then flip him for more.
                          Good plan if the hot streak ever comes.

Comment

Someone in my league inexplicably dropped Matt Olson, would I be crazy to drop Goldy for him? I'm at salary limit so I can't just pick him up.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Someone in my league inexplicably dropped Matt Olson, would I be crazy to drop Goldy for him? I'm at salary limit so I can't just pick him up.
                              As always depends on what you need...Olson is hitting well right now, and for power. If you can find another way to add Olson, do it, if not, pass...Goldy is liable to go on a month long tear at any time.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X