Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Not sure I totally understand, but:
    - FAAB is twice a week, Wednesday nights and Saturday nights.
    - players who don't get picked in Wednesday's auction go back on waivers, along with anyone dropped, for Saturday night's run
    - if in those two FAAB runs you STILL didn't get a player you need, we have FCFS free agent pickups on Sunday morning

We had instances in this league, when we had just one waiver run (not FAAB), that some would bypass using their waiver claim spots and make free FCFS waiver claims in the middle of the night, after the run. That way, they were able to retain their waiver rank for a primo free agent. This is far superior to that. Hope that helps.
    Information you posted matches what I see playing out. Obviously no need to change anything (especially mid season -- never).

But for sake of argument:
    1) Having FCFS on Sunday morning but not on Thursday makes picking up players for Thursday different than picking up players for Sunday. It seems like everything should be resolved by Thursday as far as waivers, so that players can be picked up for either set of games. Thursday players shouldn't be different than Sunday players. You can watch last minute information and pick up players right before a game on Sunday. You can't on Thursday, and it's odd that it would be different.
    2) Adding the additional waiver period doesn't change the fact that you can preserve "waiver order" by waiting - it's just waiting until Sunday instead of waiting until Thursday. But the same games in theory could be done.
    3) With FAAB bids, waiver order really means very little. In my opinion since we use FAAB $s and we charge $1 for free agents, there's no reason for the 2nd waiver period (except for those players who were dropped in the first waiver period)
    4) When you wait until after FAAB runs to pick up a free agent you are already risking losing that player to someone else for just a $1 FAAB bid. It can't be strategically advantageous to do that. If any team offers to stop using waivers and just use FCFS free agents after the rest of us have had our opportunity in FAAB, I vote to let them do that! They will miss all the top buys every week.

Just my opinions obviously take them for what they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Information you posted matches what I see playing out. Obviously no need to change anything (especially mid season -- never).

But for sake of argument:
      1) Having FCFS on Sunday morning but not on Thursday makes picking up players for Thursday different than picking up players for Sunday. It seems like everything should be resolved by Thursday as far as waivers, so that players can be picked up for either set of games. Thursday players shouldn't be different than Sunday players. You can watch last minute information and pick up players right before a game on Sunday. You can't on Thursday, and it's odd that it would be different.
      2) Adding the additional waiver period doesn't change the fact that you can preserve "waiver order" by waiting - it's just waiting until Sunday instead of waiting until Thursday. But the same games in theory could be done.
      3) With FAAB bids, waiver order really means very little. In my opinion since we use FAAB $s and we charge $1 for free agents, there's no reason for the 2nd waiver period (except for those players who were dropped in the first waiver period)
      4) When you wait until after FAAB runs to pick up a free agent you are already risking losing that player to someone else for just a $1 FAAB bid. It can't be strategically advantageous to do that. If any team offers to stop using waivers and just use FCFS free agents after the rest of us have had our opportunity in FAAB, I vote to let them do that! They will miss all the top buys every week.

Just my opinions obviously take them for what they are worth.
      1 - CBS doesn't have FCFS after FAAB except on Sundays, so this will never be possible
      2,3,4 - this was our old system

Comment

1 - CBS doesn't have FCFS after FAAB except on Sundays, so this will never be possible
        2,3,4 - this was our old system
        Well then, I blame CBS!

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          well then, i blame cbs!
          CBS gfy!

Comment

Great... FCFS.... Yuck

Comment

Last week, I had Fuller’s yuuge game on my bench. Today, I start Fuller over......Stefon Diggs. Yeeesh.

Comment

The playoff teams have been set, but the order just needs to work itself out after Week 13's games. Points scored is the tiebreaker.

1 - Ken Sucks (9-3), 1659.3, +1 win and +69.5 pts for the bye
                2 - Bene Futuis (9-3), 1570.6, +1 win for the bye

3 - Team Nair (8-4), 1589.8
                4 - Fifty Shades of Frae (8-4), 1499.9
                5 - Schlesnj (8-4), 1475.6
                6 - Yacht Rockers (8-4), 1471.8

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                  I doubt it matters a ton, but why does James Washington have an X 2K20 Round? He was drafted in the 9th this year and should have a Round 7 keeper status for 2020, right?
                  Waivers

Waivers run on Thursday morning, around 2am. Then remaining players are free agents until Sunday (5 minutes before first game). Players dropped during the waiver process will not be available to pick up until the following weeks waivers.

All Players claimed on waivers during the playoffs are ineligible to be kept ('X' contracts).

Comment

Waivers

Waivers run on Thursday morning, around 2am. Then remaining players are free agents until Sunday (5 minutes before first game). Players dropped during the waiver process will not be available to pick up until the following weeks waivers.

All Players claimed on waivers during the playoffs are ineligible to be kept ('X' contracts).
                    Got it, didn't realize it was during the playoffs, makes sense.

Also worth adding the same exception under keepers, that's where I looked when trying to figure it out

Keepers

Each team can keep up to 3 players from previous season. Players move up 2 rounds from where they were drafted last year. Free agent pickups count as a 10th round pick so they can be kept as an 8th round pick. Players drafted in the 9th round (or earlier) maintain their draft status even if they are dropped and later picked back up as a free agent (before the playoffs). Players drafted in the 11th round (or later) lose their draft status if they are dropped and later picked back up as a free agent. Keeper pick penalties are assessed to your picks first; then to other teams' picks you may hold in that round, if you don't hold your own.
                    Also, the language seems to intermix free agency and waivers although they are not treated the same in some cases.

i.e. the X rating only applies to waiver claims according to the letter of how it is written, and not free agents picked up during the playoffs (I think the intent is both). Same for keepers but opposite (it mentions free agent and not waiver). Worth cleaning that up going forward just for clarity.

Comment

Got it, didn't realize it was during the playoffs, makes sense.

Also worth adding the same exception under keepers, that's where I looked when trying to figure it out

Also, the language seems to intermix free agency and waivers although they are not treated the same in some cases.

i.e. the X rating only applies to waiver claims according to the letter of how it is written, and not free agents picked up during the playoffs (I think the intent is both). Same for keepers but opposite (it mentions free agent and not waiver). Worth cleaning that up going forward just for clarity.
                      Free agents & waiver claims are the same thing.

Comment

Free agents & waiver claims are the same thing.
                        Beg to differ, free agents automatically cost you $1 out of your allocation, waiver claims can be free. They are very similar but they are not the same.

Comment

Either way, the thought was to avoid a team dropping a non keepable guy to pick up a potential keeper during the consolation rounds. Also, some of the teams that are out of it completely would lose out as well, so we just removed that option completely.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                            Either way, the thought was to avoid a team dropping a non keepable guy to pick up a potential keeper during the consolation rounds. Also, some of the teams that are out of it completely would lose out as well, so we just removed that option completely.
                            Agree, the rule makes sense.

Comment

What happened with Hornsby

Comment

What happened with Hornsby
                                Maher got cut, so I cut him this morning with the intention of picking up a replacement. Turns out that you have to have at least a buck to pick up a free agent, unlike getting one on the WW and being able to bid 0. So I had no money, and I'd already cut Maher...and so I was out a kicker.

What we do in my home league so this doesn't happen is we have a team kicker...no matter who's kicking for Dallas, you have that player.
                                Last edited by Hornsby; 12-15-2019, 08:21 PM.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X