2K19 Pay for Play Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Thanks - how do we handle my pick between the 2nd and 3rd round? It's not on the draft board (as I would expect since it is not a normal pick)
    Making sure this does not get lost in the shuffle - how would I go about making this pick when the time comes

Comment

I remember from previous years we just need to remember not to pick at end off that round and you let everyone know who you pick and no one picks them. I think Ed puts him on your team at some point .

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        I remember from previous years we just need to remember not to pick at end off that round and you let everyone know who you pick and no one picks them. I think Ed puts him on your team at some point .
        That's what I expected, thanks! I'll be watching

Comment

Making sure this does not get lost in the shuffle - how would I go about making this pick when the time comes
          I believe that you've been up in the draft for a few hours now...are you in the draft room?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I believe that you've been up in the draft for a few hours now...are you in the draft room?
            Never mind...I just saw the ridiculous email string about the draft.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Yup, I posted in the chat on the draft that I had tried to make a pick but the draft was suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                Actually you pick at 3.01 so that's the key point in time to pause (before your pick)

Comment

Actually you pick at 3.01 so that's the key point in time to pause (before your pick)
                  I only ask that you don't take the player in my queue.

Comment

There's no other way than to just have you take a player and tell others not to take them. Of course, with this group unable to set keepers, who knows how that will turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      There's no other way than to just have you take a player and tell others not to take them. Of course, with this group unable to set keepers, who knows how that will turn out.
                      That's fine, no problem, I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Brandin Cooks.

Comment

Hey, if anyone wants my team in the Pay for Play...it's yours!

I'm done!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            Hey, if anyone wants my team in the Pay for Play...it's yours!

I'm done!
                            I'll take it.

Comment

The waiver system is odd for this league. It may just be CBS.

I understand every player goes on waivers when they play - it makes complete sense, we should use the FAAB system with waiver players so everyone can bid on equal terms. No watching a game and quickly running to grab a player just b/c you saw someone get hurt. I like that.

And I understand using waivers when a player is dropped. Again, everyone should have a chance to bid.

But why are other players on waivers right now? Take random schmo - Dante Pettis has been terrible this year, he has not been on a fantasy roster in a month. Waivers ran this week, but he's back on waivers again. Why?

If we check on Sunday these players will be free agents. But why is Sunday any different than now? For example, I can pick up a kicker at the last minute on Sunday if I need to (if mine gets hurt). But I can't pick up anyone on Thursday, even though there's a game tonight. What if I wanted to grab a player for a Thursday night game at the last minute? Why is that any different than grabbing a player in the Sunday night game?

To me, waivers should run through Thursday morning, then everyone should be a free agent until they play. That's how I've seen it in other leagues / providers.

Possible that's not even an option with CBS, I just don't get the logic that's currently being used. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Comment

The waiver system is odd for this league. It may just be CBS.

I understand every player goes on waivers when they play - it makes complete sense, we should use the FAAB system with waiver players so everyone can bid on equal terms. No watching a game and quickly running to grab a player just b/c you saw someone get hurt. I like that.

And I understand using waivers when a player is dropped. Again, everyone should have a chance to bid.

But why are other players on waivers right now? Take random schmo - Dante Pettis has been terrible this year, he has not been on a fantasy roster in a month. Waivers ran this week, but he's back on waivers again. Why?

If we check on Sunday these players will be free agents. But why is Sunday any different than now? For example, I can pick up a kicker at the last minute on Sunday if I need to (if mine gets hurt). But I can't pick up anyone on Thursday, even though there's a game tonight. What if I wanted to grab a player for a Thursday night game at the last minute? Why is that any different than grabbing a player in the Sunday night game?

To me, waivers should run through Thursday morning, then everyone should be a free agent until they play. That's how I've seen it in other leagues / providers.

Possible that's not even an option with CBS, I just don't get the logic that's currently being used. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
                                Not sure I totally understand, but:
                                - FAAB is twice a week, Wednesday nights and Saturday nights.
                                - players who don't get picked in Wednesday's auction go back on waivers, along with anyone dropped, for Saturday night's run
                                - if in those two FAAB runs you STILL didn't get a player you need, we have FCFS free agent pickups on Sunday morning

We had instances in this league, when we had just one waiver run (not FAAB), that some would bypass using their waiver claim spots and make free FCFS waiver claims in the middle of the night, after the run. That way, they were able to retain their waiver rank for a primo free agent. This is far superior to that. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X