Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Blockbuster...

Trade Blockbuster...

18 team mixed league, 5x5 OBP setup...made up mostly of RJ guys. We had a big trade yesterday where the 1st place team made a deal to try to seal his win...my question is, did he give too much? 1st place team is Abe Froman...

Putsy Caballeros acquired Vladimir Guerrero, Eduardo Nunez and Victor Robles from Abe Froman

Abe Froman acquired Zack Greinke, Shane Bieber and Mike Trout from Putsy Caballeros

Trout is expiring, as is Greinke...Beiber is keepable at 8.

Vladdy and Robles are 0 year guys, who can be kept for 3 years before n extension is needed. Vladdy is 4, and Robles is 6...

What sayeth the 'pen?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I like it. Froman made a very aggressive move and paid a steep price (he did also acquire 2 rookie picks). Putsy had the capital with his guys and landed the proverbial pot of gold. As a contender/pretender, I didn't like to see a deal like this which now makes my team look like a bunch of little leaguers, but he paid the price. Good for him.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    It's my 1st year in the league. That trade made me feel like I'll never be gutsy enough to win this league. I currently have W. Franco and J. Adell, similar package to Vlad + Robles. I can't see myself ever dealing those 2 in a package, especially in their zero year. Not even for 3 studs. Would need some extreme circumstances to get me to pull the trigger... I guess if you're a huge fan of Bieber, it hurts a bit less.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    what a move! vlad + robles is worth way more than your 2 untouchables, teen, imo.

i couldnt move that pair, zero year keepers as in new owner will have them until miami is claimed by the ocean, in this 1 trade. early this year in my 12 tm nl i gave a haul for a deal, giving up cheap keepable w buehler, d swanson, and t trammell in a deal where i got really 5 useful parts centered around yelich. i have been mildly sick ever since but it was a deal where there there were keepable parts going both ways. here, this just looks to be not enough for me personally to lose vlad and robles. i would have needed another 2 useful win now lineup upgrades but that is a blockbuster.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    what are standing btw. right at start of season there was a thread where it was stated acunamatata was head and shoulders best team, everyone go home. clearly that was premature, a different team is in lead, but how has this shaped up in standings?

Hall of Famer
    That sure is a blockbuster!

I like it for both teams. If Flags Fly Forever is important to the way you play, this could be the poster boy trade for that.

If trading rebuilding and trying to create a dynasty is how you roll than what a great trade to get Vlad and Robles. If I am the cheap Vlad and Robles owner I would be already forming a budget to add Trout next year.

Great trade for both sides.

To answer Hornsby's question, it's only too much if he doesn't win.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Too much imo, but probably not something he regrets if he wins. If he doesn't, this deal will haunt him for sure.

Flags Fly Forever.

AND Vlad mid-2019 is less established than a 20-year-old who in 2011 put up a .277-18-72-83-11 line as a rookie.

that also heavily hyped future Hall of Famer/superhero now goes by his civilian name of .. Jason Heyward.

I lost a pennant because the Heyward owner had the stones to deal him midseason - again, after he had accomplished more than Vlad has so far.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2020 candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10, Eflin 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 1O Belt 10, 1O Beaty 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, Dyson 8

Yeah, nice deal guys, I was out when I read this trade & almost dropped my phone.

To get Trout & Greinke (Bieber's a nice-to-get) - yeah, I can see why these guys were the price. Would I have done it if I were in the same place? I'd like to think so ... but I'm not sure ...