Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Ortiz shot in Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Those organs getting shot also have a high risk of infection. This is much worse than the original reports.
    I hope he doesn't have long term problems with his liver.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Ortiz will be transferred by air ambulance to a Boston hospital on Monday evening.

So sad that these things happen. We become more aware of them when they happen to someone famous or someone we know, but this happens all too often. Ortiz has always been a great ambassador fort he game and by accounts I've read, for the communities she has played in and the one he comes from. I imagine the DR is filled with outrage that this happened to him. I understand those critical of his decision to go back, but I also understand his desire to do so. It is where he came from. It is where his family and friends are. It is hard to cut ties with that, and no one should have to. But I understand that sentiment/advice in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Ortiz will be transferred by air ambulance to a Boston hospital on Monday evening.
    That is great news. It means he is well enough to fly this fast. I just read reports that he is expected to fully recover. That is great.

A man detained following the shooting of Red Sox all-star David Ortiz in the Dominican Republic appeared in court late Tuesday on a charge of being an accomplice to the attempted murder of the former baseball player.
    Féliz García and a second man arrived at the nightclub on a motorcycle before one of them opened fire, police said. The two tried to drive away after the shooting, but the motorcycle fell to the pavement, police said.
    A crowd attacked Féliz García and handed him over to police, but the second man got away on foot, police said.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/us/da...ges/index.html

Triple-A
    David Ortiz was able to sit up and take some steps on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning at Massachusetts General Hospital. Ortiz got shot through the lower back and abdomen outside of a bar in the Dominican Republic on Sunday night. He was flown to Boston on Monday evening and is "making good progress toward recovery" under the direction of Mass General trauma surgeon Dr. David King, per a press release from his wife Tiffany Ortiz. Ortiz needed emergency surgery in the D.R. for damage to his intestines, colon, gallbladder, and liver, but it sounds like everything is moving in a positive direction at the moment.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B- Goldschmidt
    2B- Baez
    SS- Villar
    3B-Vlad, Jr.
    MI- M.Carpenter
    CI-M.Sano
    OF- Benintendi, Buxton, Pence, Kepler
    UTIL- D.Santana
    BENCH: C.Moran, Urias
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, D.German, M. Boyd, Hendricks, Turnbull
    RP: Yates, Greene, W.Smith, D.Castillo, Cishek, C.Martinez,
    IL: H.Strickland.

Triple-A
    "A crowd attacked Féliz García and handed him over to police"

Love that this shitbag got the Private Pyle "blanket party" before the cops arrived.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B- Goldschmidt
    2B- Baez
    SS- Villar
    3B-Vlad, Jr.
    MI- M.Carpenter
    CI-M.Sano
    OF- Benintendi, Buxton, Pence, Kepler
    UTIL- D.Santana
    BENCH: C.Moran, Urias
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, D.German, M. Boyd, Hendricks, Turnbull
    RP: Yates, Greene, W.Smith, D.Castillo, Cishek, C.Martinez,
    IL: H.Strickland.

Quote Originally Posted by Msaint View Post
    "A crowd attacked Féliz García and handed him over to police"

Love that this shitbag got the Private Pyle "blanket party" before the cops arrived.
    I like to call this "The Night Stalker" treatment, when a bunch of locals caught Richard Ramirez, they beat him and tortured him with BBQ tools

https://gizmodo.com/thirty-years-ago...-an-1727750592

boo boo, only one guy hit him with the BBQ stuff, I had such a better image in mind....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Police have arrested a second suspect in the shooting of former Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz, a spokeswoman for the Dominican national prosecutor's office said Wednesday, but investigators are still hunting for the gunman.
    What role the suspect played in the shooting or what charges might be leveled are not certain, but investigators are treating the case as an attempted murder that may have involved more than just the driver and the gunman, the spokeswoman said.

Police are expected to provide details on a complex plot and additional arrests later Wednesday.
    Police are investigating two cars that were parked near the scene of the shooting, and a witness told police he saw Féliz García and the gunman get into one of the cars before the shooting, the documents say.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/us/da...ing/index.html

Wow, reports are that this was a paid hit?!