Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade forever keeper Tatis?

Shallow mixed 14-team H2H

A middling team is asking about Tatis (keep forever round 19-22 backfilled).

He is offering Albies (same keeper status) and a pitching upgrade.

He offered Paddack/HRobles. I could ask for Keuchel and Treinen/Iglesias instead. I would drop one of Lynn/Arrieta and Vogelbach/FReyes

Is this enough to move Tatis? If so, which SP/RP pair?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Back slowly away from the keyboard after you hit the "decline trade" button.

I think that Tatis is an uberstud who MIGHT be better than Vladdy...better get a Kings ransom if your going to deal him, and that deal isn't close, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I wouldn't go quite that far in proclaiming Tatis' hitting abilities, but I do agree I'd have to be overwhelmed to deal him. This offer does not overwhelm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I wouldn't go quite that far in proclaiming Tatis' hitting abilities, but I do agree I'd have to be overwhelmed to deal him. This offer does not overwhelm.
        The reason I say this is that Tatis is a true 5 tool guy, Vladdy isn't. Tatis has the speed to steal double digit bags for a decade, and to stay at a premium defensive position. Vladdy isn't going to steal much, and could be shuttled off to 1st base, or even DH in a few years. Vladdy is going to hit more, and with more power, but maybe not as much as people think...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          The reason I say this is that Tatis is a true 5 tool guy, Vladdy isn't. Tatis has the speed to steal double digit bags for a decade, and to stay at a premium defensive position. Vladdy isn't going to steal much, and could be shuttled off to 1st base, or even DH in a few years. Vladdy is going to hit more, and with more power, but maybe not as much as people think...
          I meant I wouldn't got that far in calling Tatis an uberstud fantasy player, not so much him not being as good or evdn better than Vlad. We haven't seen enough from either for me to go all in on them being top 10 players, which is what I thought you meant. Tatis is at least a star, though, and maybe he does end up a superstar. I'm splitting hairs here, basically. I couldn't see myself taking 30 guys ahead of Tatis in a dynasty. But not yet knowing for sure exactly how good he is, I could see taking maybe 15-20 guys ahead of him (maybe less by year's end). In any case, still an easy no for me, even though I do think Albies is a good player in his own right.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-08-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X