Year of the catcher breakout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the catcher breakout

Seems like there are quite a few catchers breaking out this year. I can almost hear the crying of the fantasy managers who drafted 2 stud catchers in their 2 catcher leagues and lost their advantage.

Jorge Alfaro - MIA
    Omar Narvaez - SEA
    Mitch Garver - MIN
    Jason Castro - MIN
    Josh Phegley - OAK
    Christian Vazquez - BOS
    Pedro Severino - BAL
    James McCann - CWS
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Phegley or McCann ROS?
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Willson Contreras has had a pretty big breakout

Comment

Elias Diaz has been pounding the ball and got his first HR last night.

Cervelli is highly questionable now with his injury history and Diaz may well be the #1 catcher for the Bucs going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Seems like there are quite a few catchers breaking out this year. I can almost hear the crying of the fantasy managers who drafted 2 stud catchers in their 2 catcher leagues and lost their advantage.

Jorge Alfaro - MIA
          Omar Narvaez - SEA
          Mitch Garver - MIN
          Jason Castro - MIN
          Josh Phegley - OAK
          Christian Vazquez - BOS
          Pedro Severino - BAL
          James McCann - CWS
          I'm in NL-only with Realmuto, Posey, and Barnes. I only recognize one of these names.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I'm in NL-only with Realmuto, Posey, and Barnes. I only recognize one of these names.
            Weird, Severino played in Washington for several years, if you play NL only you should definitely know him well.

Comment

is it true that having a sense of humor skips a generation? I'm starting to believe it.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

is it true that having a sense of humor skips a generation? I'm starting to believe it.
                Was your father really funny?
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Was your father really funny?
                  Very !
                  --------------------------------------
                  You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                    Very !

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      Elias Diaz has been pounding the ball and got his first HR last night.

Cervelli is highly questionable now with his injury history and Diaz may well be the #1 catcher for the Bucs going forward.
                      I love Diaz as well, especially in leagues using BA.

I hope Cervelli retires soon for his own sake. Too many concussions to keep catching, and he's made enough money, had a good run.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

ROS: Narvaez or Alfaro?

Despite his solid numbers, Narvaez is in a full platoon now.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It's crazy -- we spent all off-season talking about how awful the position was going to be this year, yet 15 dudes (min 50 PA) had a wOBA over .340 this year.

Comment

don't tell the HQ guys -at First Pitch in Arizona in November they were adamant about getting rid of 2 catcher slots in leagues

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

don't tell the HQ guys -at First Pitch in Arizona in November they were adamant about getting rid of 2 catcher slots in leagues
                              Last year I was with them, in a 2-catcher AL-only. Back then I figured I would try to spend a few $ on catchers so I bought the seemingly-reliable Brian McCann and Russell Martin. Both tanked severely last year and helped cost me the title (well those two and an injured, underachieving Elvis Andrus). This season, I threw a few bucks at Garver, and bought Plawecki for $1, then cut Plawecki and picked up the undrafted Roberto Perez when I saw Plawecki was on the wrong end of that job share. Suddenly I have 21 HR from the position on June 11 despite each of them missing a few weeks. I'm not going to try to understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X