No announcement yet.

Year of the catcher breakout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny Jansen, after being labeled a bust just a few weeks ago, is 12-26 with 6 HR & 10 RBI in his last 7 games.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Garver, Narvaez, Alfaro, & Vasquez are still producing and look like they are the real deal.

The Twins have really limited Garver's playing time since he returned from the ankle injury and he seems to rarely catch back to back games. But, he still has better numbers than a lot of catchers who play more often.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Garver, Narvaez, Alfaro, & Vasquez are still producing and look like they are the real deal.

The Twins have really limited Garver's playing time since he returned from the ankle injury and he seems to rarely catch back to back games. But, he still has better numbers than a lot of catchers who play more often.
        ....and James McCann, Travis d'Arnaud, Roberto Perez & Carson Kelly.

Comment

Very curious to see how the market reacts next spring. Reminds me of fantasy football when the TE position became more than a stars and scrubs spot on a roster.

Comment

Will Smith Dodgers. Hasn’t been up for long but shows signs of being a plus offensive performers with good defense.

Comment

Just jacked a hr

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
                Just jacked a hr
                3 for 3 with a homer and 6 RBI

Comment

Mitch Garver now has 31 home runs. In the last 20 years, the only catchers to have hit more in one season are Javy Lopez, Mike Piazza, and Gary Sanchez .

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Realmuto having a $21 season with 25-82-91-9-.273
                    9 SB ranks him 34th in NL - and only 16 players have 15 SB, so he is a real help there.
                    next up for NL Cs, Grandal and Molina have 5, Alfaro and Barnes have 3.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Mitch Garver now has 31 home runs. In the last 20 years, the only catchers to have hit more in one season are Javy Lopez, Mike Piazza, and Gary Sanchez .
                      As I had posted in the Twins thread, the Twins also have 46 HRs out of the catcher position this season. That is insane!

Comment

Working...
                      X