No announcement yet.

Carlos Carrasco: Blood Condition (6/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Carrasco: Blood Condition (6/5)

Carrasco has a blood condition that is making him feel lethargic and is "stepping away from baseball." The Indians expect him back "sometime this season."

Wow, never heard of something like this before. I wonder what it could be and what treatment is and when he might be back. Still a lot of unknowns.

Comment

Kluber with the broken arm, Carrasco with this, Clevinger's back, even Bauer with a recent case of suckitis ... rough year for the Indians rotation.

It does remind me of one of my fav Steven Wright lines tho ... "I went to the doctor coz I thought I had mono; turns out I'm just lazy".
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Kluber with the broken arm, Carrasco with this, Clevinger's back, even Bauer with a recent case of suckitis ... rough year for the Indians rotation.

It does remind me of one of my fav Steven Wright lines tho ... "I went to the doctor coz I thought I had mono; turns out I'm just lazy".
        Yeah, and I have three of those guys. I came into the year a big fan of that rotation and I was expecting great things. It hasn't worked out for me.

Comment

Let's hope it's something like anemia, which can be addressed with changes in diet and other simple therapies.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Let's hope it's something like anemia, which can be addressed with changes in diet and other simple therapies.
            Based on what Kipnis said, I think it is more serious. He said there were words in the diagnosis that made Carrasco understandably nervous, but Kipnis researched it and shared things to try to make him feel better about treatment options. So I'm thinking it maybe some type of lymphoma, which would explain the fatigue. From what I've read, if it is Hodgkins and/or caught early, given his age and condition, he should have a good outcome.

Comment

Sheeeiiiiit ... Turns out the blood condition is leukemia.

Originally posted by rotoworld
              Carrasco has not pitched since the end of May and was placed on the injured list with a non-baseball medical condition, and it was announced that he was dealing with an unspecified blood condition; with the Indians not allowed to comment because it was not related to baseball. In an interview with a Dominican television station, Carrasco stated that after issues with his energy level, he underwent tests that revealed abnormally high plate levels, and then was diagnosed with the disease at the hospital shortly after. Carrasco also mentioned that the leukemia is currently "under control." Baseball is secondary to this, of course, but the 32-year-old also stated that he does intend to return at some point, although he doesn't say if 2019 is a possibility. We offer our best to Carrasco and his loved ones.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
              X